Chapter 6

I crossed my arms, standing against the silver beam behind Julius, chewing on my gum. I promised Mani that I wouldn't do anything to this dumb ass nigga but Julius nor Nicki nor Dinah promised her shit.

I still wanted my piece of the pie, I still wanted to beat his ass but I couldn't do that because I promised Mani. I wish I would've crossed my damn fingers.

"I told you not to skip town. I told you it would be worse for you but you... you decided that you wanted to do the exact same thing I told you not to."

Rome rolled his eyes. His hair was out of its ponytail so it looked crazy but I'm sure that in his eyes, we looked crazy. But we weren't crazy, we were just trying to protect Mani. I was just trying to protect the best thing that had ever happened to me.

My phone started to ring right before any of the action could happen so I told them to cease fire.

"Yello'." I answered.

"Beyonce. You got five seconds to explain why you aren't here and don't lie and say you're here 'cause you're not. I checked this entire house."

"I'm out, I'll be home soon."

"I swear this baby is gonna look exactly like you with the way you stress me the fuck out." She groaned and I chuckled, she was right. She worried about me much more than she actually should. She worried about a lot of things that she shouldn't be worried about, I should change that. "Beyonce, I want you here now."

"I-"

"I didn't ask Beyonce, come home."

She hung up the phone and my heart started to throb. 'Home' was that word. Spoken by her, everything seemed so much better.

BUT I'd figured out that Normani was indeed my soft spot. I was so cold and 'disrespectful' to everyone else unless they were close to Normani or someone I deemed worthy enough to be the 'godmother' or 'godfather' of my unborn love child.

"Nicki, come here." I said.

She stood up and walked over to me with her hands in her pockets. "What's up?"

"Mani wants me home so I'm going home." I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Look at you, loving and stuff. Go home and I'll text you when it's finished. Tomorrow we'll finish it off."

"You're amazing." I kissed both of her cheeks and walked upstairs then walked out of the door.

Julius opened the door for me and closed it when I was in completely. My phone started to ring and I knew it was Normani. She was the only person that I had a special ringtone for. It was the group's songs, Angel but only her part. She's got vocals like an actual angel.

"Yes Mani?"

"What did I tell you?"

"Normani, you're going to stop talk to me like that."

She didn't answer for a little while before she started whining. "Daddy co-"

"I told you I'm on my way baby."

"Okay."

When I actually did get home, Normani was watching something on the TV. I didn't know what the hell it was 'cause Mani was always watching some dumb ass shows that I never even knew the name of.

I walked over to her and lifted her chin so that she was looking up at me. "Hey."

"Where you been at though?"

"Don't worry about it, I'm-"

"Nope bye, I'll be down here but yo ass better not leave again." She rolled her eyes.

"What the hell did I tell you about that? I'm really gonna fuck you up after the baby comes, I swear to God Normani."

"I'm sorry."

"Mhm." I pressed my lips against hers and she smiled, putting her hands on my cheeks.

"I love you so much."

"You won't ever understand how much I love you Normani Kordei Hamilton." I whispered against her lips and pulled away from her.

Just by looking at her, by talking to her, I knew I wanted her to be in my life forever. In the beginning, I wasn't too happy about this pregnancy then I had this moment, this moment where I was talking to the baby and I I knew, I wanted her to have this baby and I wanted to be there every step of the way.

|Flashback|

Beyoncé looked up at Normani with her bottom lip trapped between her teeth.

She was nervous. She wanted to talk to the baby but she didn't know what to say, she didn't want to mess up.

But as soon as Beyoncé started to talk to the baby, it started to kick at her hand.

In that moment, Beyoncé knew what she wanted, she knew she wanted a little her walking around.

|Flashback Over|

I took my hand off of her chin and sat down on the floor, by her feet. She pulled my hair out of the top knot it was in then ran her fingers through my hair.

"Your mom called your house phone earlier."

"Did you answer it?"

"Yes..." She lingered. "She said she wants to meet me."

"No."

"Why?"

"She's not even supposed to know about you Mani. You're not understanding. Too many people already know about you."

She sighed. "Do you know how worthless that makes me feel? I thought things would be different this time around. I refuse to be treated like an item. If you didn't want me, you should've just told me that."

She got up and started to walk off but I followed right after her, positioning myself between her and the stairs so she couldn't get through.

"Baby, that's not what I said."

"But you wanna keep me hidden for a reason. I don't like being hidden Beyoncé and you shouldn't like hiding me."

"I do wanna keep you hidden. Fear of judgement. I don't want anyone to judge me or you, I don't want them to judge our baby. It didn't even ask to be here, it just happened. Don't act like I just wanna hide you for nothing, you know I have my reasons and I apologize if you don't agree with them but it's going my way."

"Nothing has gone your way since I came into your life and it won't ever again."

"Is that the only thing you heard?!" I yelled as she scurried past me, up the stairs.

"Yes!"

I shook my head and followed her. When I reached her, I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her cheek. "Mani everything shouldn't happen fast, please just let this happen my way."

"Everything happens your way, why can't I just meet your mom? That's all I wanna do, you act like I'm telling the world that I'm pregnant with your child."

I grabbed her chin, turning her face sideways so that we were looking at each other. I sighed.

"You can meet her."

"See. That wasn't so hard, was it?"
_________
a/n : last update of 2017.

I love you all, I'm taking you lovers to 2018 with me💯, all those who show love. You know who you are.

OOOOOOH AND A HUUUUGE SHOUTOUT TO

Awesometiff
&
RomanLogic

These two are amaaazing! & Roman she's so adorable 😭 she also writes books, I'mma read some while I construct this new update for y'all!