Chapter 15

I held my arms out for Kordei to walk over to me but he just held onto Beyoncé's leg, staring at me.

He's one year old and standing now but he wouldn't walk. He refuses to be anywhere that Beyoncé isn't and he cries all the time now 'cause he's teething.

"Go to mommy. Get off me nigga." Bey teased him and looked up at her, smiling with his 'teeth'.

"Stop talking to him like that." I pointed at her. She licked her lips and held her hands out for me.

"You come here."

"What you want?" I asked, walking into her arms. She wrapped her arms around my waist, laying her head on my chest.

"Nothing. You were just too far." She mumbled.

Out of nowhere, Kordei started crying. It's his teeth, I know it.

"Let his ass cry. His spoiled ass'll be alright." She said.

I chuckled, pulling the hair band out of her hair. Her hair fell down her back and she sighed.

Beyoncé had long hair, contrary to what everyone else thought.

"No he won't. His mouth hurts."

"How you know that?"

"I'm his mother plus he's teething and he just started crying out of nowhere, it's gotta be his teeth."

She nodded her head and bent down, picking him up. She sat him on the island then turned to me.

"What I do now baby?"

"First of all, don't ever turn your back on my baby." I said, looking at Kordei, making sure he stayed where he was supposed to be. We made eye contact and he smiled. "Secondly, give him his teething toys."

I picked him up and went upstairs in his room to find his toys. When I found one that could fit his mouth, I put it in his hands. Instantly, he put it in his mouth and started chewing.

"You gon' have to stop crying. You're a G."

I put him down in his crib and went back downstairs. Mani was sitting on the couch, on her laptop.

I stood behind the couch, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. "Baby boy is laying down."

"Okay. Come help me put some stuff in order."

"What we doing?" I asked, continuously kissing her cheek.

"Figuring out my dance schedule."

"Are you dancing today?"

"Yeah."

"Nooo, don't leave me. I'm gonna be bored 'cause Kordei is gonna be with Ally and Lauren. They're going to Disney." I said.

She shook her head and leaned back, kissing my cheek. "I'm going and no you cannot come with me. I can handle myself."

"I know baby but Julius is for sure going with you. There's no argument there. He doesn't even have to come in but he'll be there."

"Fine." She mumbled.

I sat beside her on the couch and she straddled my lap with her laptop on my stomach and she handed me her phone.

"Hold that for me."

I put her password in and went on Snapchat, recording her.

"Baby, guess who my best friend is."

"Our son, obviously. He only likes you." She smiled, showing her teeth.

I reached out and grabbed the top of her shirt, pulling it up. It was too... down for me. There was too much cleavage there.