Chapter 4

I yawned as I woke up, a huge light shining in my eyes and a doctor in my face.

I looked away from the light and the doctor, seeing Beyonce, Nicki, my girls, and Rome. Rome is the last person I wanted to see right now. He watched my hurt, why would I want to see him here? I hate him so much right now.

But when I saw Beyonce standing there, my entire body clenched into itself. She was staring down at her phone with her jaw clenched but again, emotionless.

Dinah sat next to me, staring Rome down as the rest of the girls did the same. But Nicki? She looked so out of place as she stared at the girls trying to figure out why they were staring at my boyfriend.

"You up?" Dinah asked, putting her hand on my cheek.

I nodded and looked over at her, rubbing my eyes. Someone knocked on the door and I snapped my head that way, my headache growing instantly.

It was Julius, Beyonce's bodyguard. I hadn't seen him in forever. He was with Beyonce and I when we went to that thing with her mom, at her mom's house but I didn't see him ever again afterwards.

I was so sure of the reason why Nicki was here. She was only here so that Beyonce had a reason for being here. Otherwise, everyone would ask 'why is Beyonce here for Normani Kordei?'

The conversation started up and people started to leave the room. Both Beyonce and Rome stayed as the others left me, giving me a small kiss on my forehead, my nose, or my temple.

There was the three of us, there. Beyonce as impassive as ever and Rome... he was impassive too. I didn't know what he was feeling, I couldn't read him and that bothered me because he was usually so easy to read.

Beyonce sat down in the chair next to me. I don't even think she cared at this point.

"Are you okay?" She asked, genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine but you might want to move. I have a boyfriend." I said.

I had to keep up this act. I had to protect her. She was much more of an icon than I was and if her fans caught wind that she was having a kid... with an 18 year old, I don't know what would happen.

"Normani, you really think I care about your dipshit boyfriend? I don't care about him, I care about you and my child."

"He knows."

"How? Did you tell him?" She asked.

"No. I didn't even know he knew until a few days ago." I turned to look at Rome and he was clenching his jaw, staring at Beyonce. I didn't want to do this anymore.

"Is he the reason why you're in the hospital?"

I didn't answer her, I just left that question up to chance 'cause even though he wasn't the ACTUAL reason that I was in the hospital, I knew she would think so and she would do something.

Then she left and it was him and I in one room together. Last time that happened, I ended up in the goddamn hospital.

"Normani, you don't get it. You just don't get that I will ruin her fucking life and I will ruin yours too. Keep it up and I promise, you won't have this baby." He smirked at me.

I started to say something but there was Beyonce's stupid chuckle again.

"You'll what? Pretty boy, I'm guessing you think you have control over a situation that you don't. I will put you in the ground kid."

"Kid? She's a kid but she's having your kid so you can't say anything to me. If this shit goes public, what will your 'fans' think of you? You'll have nothing." He laughed but she just rolled her eyes, walking back over to me.