Chapter 24

The now raven had memorized the ingredient. There were 5 things he had to gather. The first was easy, blood from a demon. The demon would save this for last. The second was not as easy. It was a hair from a pastor. The raven flew to the nearest church and hoped the pastor would be there. It took some time and patience, but there was the pastor. The demon had now to be very careful or the pastor would notice the presence of an evil soul. But the raven had a plan. He would just fly to the head of the Christian and try to pull some of the hairs out. He knew it wasn't the best idea, but couldn't think of anything else. The pastor was now beneath him. The raven jumped down and aimed for the head. Luckily the pastor didn't walk further. But just one inch away for the target, the pastor walked away and the raven crashed on the ground. This did even hurt a demon and he passed out.

"Are ... alright?" "Who's calling me? What's he saying?" The demon heard a voice. He opened his eyes and saw the face of the pastor. The shocked demon raised his hand want saw he was in his human form. The fall and so the pain and shocked turned him back. A new idea came to Sebastian's mind. He would now grab a hair and run off. He lay his hand on the head of the pastor and pulled out one hair. The pastor didn't even notice, he was busy inspecting the fallen one's body. The demon got up and started to fun away before the pastor could try to get him back. He ran for quite some time. The pastor wouldn't follow him anymore by this time. Sebastian looked at the hair and thought: " One down, four to go. I'll be soon with you, Ciel!"

The second ingredient the raven started looking for was a feather a turtle-dove. This looked easy, but it definitely wasn't. It was quite a task to find one. It took him around 6 hours to find one. It took him so long because he was either a raven or a human. He would scare the doves away either way. At last, he found one... a dead one. The demon looked at the bird. He felt bad for the poor guy but needed a feather. So he got one of the wings and walked away. But he looked back one more time and walked back to the dove. Because this bird made him think of Ciel. The dove probably had a partner, which is now left alone just like the demon. But Sebastian didn't want this to happen to Ciel too. He didn't want Ciel to end the same way, dead or so far gone the demon can't reach him. So Sebastian grabbed the bird and put it in the bushes. It wasn't the best place, but at least not in the middle of a path. He missed Ciel now even more and wanted this to end as soon as possible.

The third and second last thing he had to get was a special flower. The book didn't say which flower but there was a riddle.

This rose is as love at first sight.
With the color of a contract.
The flower is the favorite,
Of your loved one.

It took the demon some time to understand this riddle. He understood the last two sentences clearly, but the first two were a problem. He went to a florist. "Hello, there. I have a slightly weird question," he asked. The florist said: "I hope I know the answer then," and smiled. "What rose is mostly sold as a present for a partner?" asked the demon slightly embarrassed. The florist smiled and answered: "I would say a red rose." "Then 1 red rose, please." said the demon. He was still a bit confused, it couldn't be this easy.

He went home with 1 red rose. The servants had already returned with their ingredients. Sebastian sends them away and got to work. He mixed the ingredients in a big pot. It took some time but he had patients. It was finally a liquid after 20 hours. He was now supposed to drink it and think of Ciel and he will be transported to his love. Sebastian got a bottle and put the mixture into it. He drank some and waited, and waited, and waited. He waited 2 days and still, nothing happened. He started to think he did something wrong. The servants were summoned in the office. Their master asked if they did bring the correct ingredients. ¨O-of course sir!¨ they answered. Sebastian started thinking and ordered the servants to get the ingredients again. The demon started to think about the riddle again. ¨It is a rose, since it is in the riddle. But the rest is complicated. 'The favorite of your loved one,' maybe it is my loved one. If that's the case, it would be Ciel's favorite flower. What was his favorite rose again? I did ask him on the first day of school. What was it?! What was it?!¨ The demon felt horrible, he didn't even remember one of the first things they talked about. He looked out the window into the garden. It was full of flowers. He looked at the roses and remembered. ¨I finally remember! It were white sterling roses! I need to get one.¨ He ran outside and grabbed one of the white roses. The servants returned about 2 hours later with the ingredients, again. He put it in the pot and waited for 20 hours again. The demon grabbed another bottle. He put the bottle to his lips and let some pass through. A circle appeared around him, a blue one. He started to feel weird. A mist appeared. Finny walked in asking if he wanted tea, but his master already disappeared.