CHAPTER 26

Friday, August 14th - The Following Week

Monroe, "When did this ever come to mind?" He asked me.

"A couple of weeks ago." I replied.

"Well, you know he wants to see you today." He told me.

"And you need to tell him." He added.

"And have him lose his head, he'll have a fit I tell him I want to leave." I answered.

"Well, you have to do something." He replied.

"You're right, I either stay here and lose my mind or leave and get myself together." I said.

"But I haven't exactly come to a decision yet whether I want to or not." I then say.

"It was just a thought, but I don't want to really leave."

"But I don't think I can take anymore of this Rayan." I stated truthfully. Lately, I've been thinking of going back home to Georgia or at least to another location in Cali...at least get away from all this for awhile. I don't want to deal with this anymore and I think it would be best if I just leave for a while. Only problem is Prince, he would lose it if I tell him, he would refuse and throw a damn fit. I don't want to leave but what choice do I have now? I could stay here and face the problems until I mentally break down or I could get away and get myself together.

"He wouldn't like it if you just up and left Moe." Ray stated.

"I know." I answer.

"But I understand where you're coming from...it's hard and sometimes you have no choice but to walk away." He explained.

"But dealing with Prince, he wouldn't just let you walk away...he'll set out to find you." He stated.

"I don't know what else to do." I held my head in my hands.

"It'll get ugly before it gets pretty, but it'll get better." He added.

"You just need to relax, take a moment and actually think. Don't overthink yourself and end up with a migraine, but just meditate." He told me.

"You don't need to be stressing yourself out and you damn shouldn't be depressed, it isn't good for you at all." He explained.

"I'll call you tonight, but you need to see him today, alright." He said while standing to his feet.

"Alright, see you later." I said as he kissed my forehead. He stepped out of the kitchen and I heard the door close minutes after. I sighed, thinking it through. Did I really want to leave or was it just my emotions getting the best of me? I don't want to leave this life, I have amazing friends, a wonderful family and an amazing guy who I can't get over...I just can't let all this go. But Ray was right, sometimes you do have to walk away from it all.

"God give me a sign." I whispered to myself. I got up from the table and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. I trailed out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my room. I checked the time, reading ten-fifty. I actually was planning to see Prince today, it's been a week since that night they took him and I haven't spoke to him since. Chresanto, Ray and the others went to visit him and he told them that he wanted to see me. I was questioning about it at first, but Ray talked me into doing so. I honestly miss his presence, his voice, just him in general. I don't care what happens between us, I feel as if we will always have a connection with one another. I gulped my water down while shutting my door. I placed my bottle down then headed into my bathroom for a shower. The entire time, I couldn't stop thinking about me leaving. If I go back to Georgia then where in the hell would I go? I have no family there, it was just me and my grandmother and me. My family is originally from here but my grandmother decided to part from everyone for the space. How will I even take care of myself, I would have to go back to that hell hole and hear everyone ask me a million questions. I would have to get a job and find somewhere to live. I don't think I would be able to make it, yet I was raised by the strongest woman I know and she would tell me that everything I think I couldn't do, I could do. She was the one who told me to keep moving forward even when I've fallen to the ground and can't get up at the moment. If my grandmother could do it then, I can do it now.

GRAVITY [OLD VERSION] | PRINCETON PEREZOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara