CHAPTER 11

Tuesday, March 31st - The Next Morning

Monroe, I shut my locker door, placing the lock on it after grabbing my history book. I was extremely tired for some reason and I wanted sleep at this very moment. I went to bed around eight, which was not too long after coming home from hanging with Princeton. I'm positive that I've gotten enough sleep, but I'm starting to think otherwise.

"Hey boo." Jordi approached me with a smile.

"Hey Jordi." I smiled weakly.

"You look tired." She frowned a bit.

"I am, actually." I responded with a small yawn.

"But I'll be fine." I smiled.

"So what's up with you and Chres lately?" I asked, leaning against the lockers.

"Everything is running smoothly, actually. He wants me to stay after school and watch him practice." She squealed.

"That seems fun." I chuckle at her excitement.

"I know right. He's so fine out there on the field." She daydreamed.

"Now I just have to get him to ask me to stay after school to watch him lift weights, oh man I don't think I could take it." She said rather quickly. I snicker at how overly excited she was, really digging this guy.

"You have to stay with me one day." She finished. I chuckled once again, looking away. I spotted Princeton making his way down the hall with his shades on, looking good as ever. That forest green tee complimenting his upper body, showing off what he got. His curls bouncing every time he took a step forward. He caught my stare as I come to realize that and I watch that million dollar smile appear across his face.

"Good morning mama." He greeted, his fingers gently pressing against my skin, rubbing my arm while heading down the hall.

"Morning." I smile with a wave as I watched him push through the crowd. He's back in school, thank God. After Principle Reed took my word and rolled the tape back of the incident with me and Daniel; he allowed him to come back while Daniel on the other hand, is suspended for three weeks. I think he deserves more than that, but it's better than him being here.

"I see you've made a new friend?" Jordi hummed. I come from my daze, turning towards her.

"What?" I asked. She held a smirk on her face, looking into my eyes.

"Alright." I confessed.

"I guess you can say that, but I'm not quite sure about-"

"Did you two talk or something?"

"Well, after what happened yesterday--I saw him at the park." I begin.

"We talked about the situation then grabbed a bite to eat afterwards." I shrugged.

"Oh, my God-" She began.

"It's not even like that Jordi-"

"Monroe hanging with the bad boy of Cali!" She squealed.

"It was just one time." I whined, making her giggle in response.

"I know, I know. But, I must say that it's nice to see that guy finally taking interest in someone--he needs a friend." She said.