CHAPTER 18

Wednesday, May 13th - The Next Morning

Monroe, I woke to the sound of Lita and Chris arguing. I ignored them and got up from the bed. I stretched, relaxing my muscles a bit. I slept good last night, it was very much peaceful. I've never had a problem sleeping during the night, but this was different.

I checked the time, reading six-fifteen. Heading towards my bathroom, I grabbed my tooth brush and got the day going. Last night came to mind as well as Princeton. I know that I've started something and knowing how persistent he is, it's going be an on going thing until one of us stops it. Although, I enjoyed the feeling of teasing him, it was fun and I wouldn't mind doing it again.

After brushing, I stripped from my clothes and stepped into the shower. I lathered myself with an exfoliating body wash then rinsed before moving on to my hair. After rinsing again, I turned the water off and stepped out. I dried off, wrapping the towel around my body before walking out. I heard my phone going off as I treaded towards my closet. I wasn't planning on dressing out today and it seemed pretty warm out. I searched for something easy and that'll keep me cool throughout the entire day. A pair of shorts and jersey tee. I quickly got ready the got dressed into my clothes. I played with my hair a bit, debating on what to do with it. I grabbed my hair gel and brush, swiftly slicking it back in a neat bun. I nodded, somewhat impressed with it. I finished up my look with accessories then pulled my shoes over my feet while hearing my phone go off again. I checked it, reading a text from Princeton asking me to let him in. I jogged out of the room and down the hall, soon reaching the main entrance. I realized that Corbin nor Shaun was here as I opened the door.

"Hey." I greeted.

"You look nice." He complimented, stepping inside. I shut the door, following him into the main entrance.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Is your brother here?" He asked.

"I thought he was but I guess not?" I said with a shrug.

"What about his girlfriend?" He asked.

"She left with him I guess."

"Good." He whispered.

"Because I don't feel like going to school today." He said.

"Then don't." I chuckled.

"But I want to spend the day with you." He said, kissing my hand.

"Skip school with me." He said.

"Prince, I don't know." I replied.

"It's okay to miss a day right?" He asked. Normally, when he ask for a favor that's a sign of trouble for me.

"Please mama?" He caressed my chin then pecked my lips. How could I say no to him when he drugging me with everything he had in him. He had me wrapped around his finger.

"Alright." I said. He grinned, taking my hand in his and guided me back upstairs. We stepped into my room and he closed the door, locking it. I sat along my bed and he sat next to me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing you just look different with your hair pulled back."