CHAPTER 8

Saturday, March 28th - Four Days Later

Monroe, I slowly made my way out of the house, watching Corbin place a cooler in the trunk while talking to Shaun. I turned away, looking out at the neighborhood, seeing a group walking by. Chresanto, two other guys and Princeton.

"What's up Moe!" Chres greeted from the other side. I smiled, kindly greeting him with a wave; I then took a glimpse at Princeton. He eyed me down as he placed his hands in his sweats. He cleaned up well from yesterday as if nothing ever happened. His hair was up in a ponytail again and his muscles flexed through his tank, he looked a bit different than normally in school. I smiled a bit, slowly looking away from his stare; I pray he didn't see that.

"What's good people?" Chris approached us.

"Hey." I smiled, hugging his waist.

"Family outing?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm nervous." I told him.

"Ah, for what reason exactly girl?" He chuckled.

"My first time meeting everyone." I answered.

"You don't have nothing to worry about." He began.

"I met them hundreds of times and they're cool as hell." He continued.

"You got a bomb ass family." He chuckled as I giggled, feeling a bit better. My attention was distracted as I watched a car slowly pull up to Chris' place. I may have not been here that long, but I was here long enough to know who that was.

"What is it?" Chris asked, turning his head towards his place. Lita slammed her car door, swiftly approaching Chris' car with a bat in her hand.

"Lita!" He began.

"Yo gone give me my damn money one way or another." She growled.

"If you fuck up my car then I'll have to use that money to fix it." He argued.

"I WANT MY MONEY CHRIS!"

"I AIN'T GOT YO MONEY WOMAN!" He stomped his foot. I giggled as she raised the bat in the air.

"Lita no!" He begged. Without another word, she smashed the bat against his black Rang Rover, breaking its window. I heard someone laughing, turning my attention away from Lita. Chresanto and his crew were still across the street, watching as well.

"AYE!" Chris yelled. She moved to the next window, swiftly breaking it as well. Chris slowly fell to his knees with his arms out as Lita stood on top of his car, placing dents into it.

"My baby." Chris softly cried.

"GIVE ME MY MONEY!" Lita yelled.

"IMMA KICK YO ASS GIRL!" He growled while standing to his feet. He charged towards her as I began to laugh. Lita jumped from the car, running to hers. He caught her, scooping her up and dropping the bat.

"LET ME GO CHRIS!" She beat her fist against his back as he stepped into his house, slamming the door behind her.

"He's not really going to kick her ass." Corbin stated, stepping beside me.