CHAPTER 21

Thursday, June 25th - Four Weeks Later
Monroe's 18th Birthday

Monroe, May has come and gone and now June is on its way out the door as well. Its been four weeks since I've heard from Prince. Ever since he asked me to leave, I haven't heard a word from him. I wanted text, call and check on him but I forced myself not to. I miss him like hell, but he needed his space and I've been respecting that. I know he meant no harm that day, he was just hurt. Yet, the fact that's its been four weeks without his presence is torture and it takes a lot in order to keep my distance.

"I can't believe your brother is throwing this party for you Monroe!" Deanna stated, grabbing my attention. I chuckle in response as she squealed in excitement.

On the good side of this, today is my birthday and Corbin decided to throw this huge block party for me tonight in apology for what he did. So, we were out doing a little bit of shopping while he and Shaun get everything together. I declined his offer at first, telling him that a small party would do, but he insist that we go all out for this one.

"I still think I should have a smaller one." I said.

"You're joking right?" She laughed.

"This is your eighteenth birthday Monroe. You are an adult now." She stated.

"You are having this party." She chuckled.

"Plus he owes you this."

"I'm saying, if my brother ever hit me, I'll have that joker spending millions on me." Cleo stated.

"You got to have fun sometimes, Doll face." Hansel added, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Plus, you deserve it girl." Charles added. I smile, shrugging my shoulders in response as we stroll into Forever 21, looking for something to wear tonight. Deanna said that we should find something nice to wear at the party, along with finding a new bathing suit. The party wasn't formal, since it's half pool party as well.

"This is cute." Deanna said while holding up a one piece. I arched my brows, studying the bathing suit. It was cute, but not decent.

"You are not going to this girl's party looking like a slut." Cleo stated. I gasped in shock beginning to laugh my ass off as Deanna slightly pushed her.

"Shut up." She spat, laughing.

"I wasn't going to buy it, I just said that it looked cute." She stated. We searched around some more until eventually finding something decent to wear. I admired the navy blue two piece, smiling to myself.

"Oh that is cute." Deanna said.

"It is." I smiled.

"Are you gonna get it?" She asked.

"Probably." I said. I looked through the other options, not really into them as much as the navy blue piece.

"Yo!" Someone caught our attention.

"We're going to the food court." Charles stated.

"We'll meet you there." Cleo stated. He wandered off with Hansel at his side, leaving the store.

"So who's all coming to this big extravaganza?" Cleo asked.

"Well, We've sent out invitations, but thanks to Jordi, her and Chresanto has been advertising it ever since we Corbin came up with the idea earlier this month." I replied.

"Oh then that means everyone is showing up." Deanna answered.

"What?" I asked.

"Chresanto threw the best parties back in school, every single year."