CHAPTER 16

Wednesday, April 22nd - The Following Week

Monroe, I sat on the bleacher, letting the wind blow through my hair as I watched the football players practice. I've been distant from everyone lately, ever since that day I blew up. I'm finally off punishment, Corbin and I are alright, we're slowly gaining trust again. I've been pretty distant from Princeton as well, not because of what anyone said, but because I just needed the space. I see him every once in a while between classes, but I just keep my eyes else where. I miss his presence every once in awhile and become tempted to even talk to him.

"Hey Moe." Someone softly greeted. I turned my head in the direction of the voice. Jordi and Cleo stood there with a small smile on their faces.

"Hey." I greeted in a low tone.

"You got a minute?" Cleo asked. I stared at them for a moment before nodding my head in reply.

"Moe?" Jordi sung as they sat next me.

"We're sorry."

"We didn't mean to tamper you like that."

"We weren't trying upset you either." Said Cleo.

"It's fine, no big deal." I said, focusing back on the field.

"CLEO!" Someone called for her.

"I'll be back." She said before leaving. Jordi focused back on me and continued.

"It is a big deal."

"You know I don't have a problem with you and Prince hanging together."

"But I'm not going to sugar coat things and tell you that this guy is legit to be around sometimes."

"He can get himself into some messy shit and we just don't want to see you fall down because of him." She said. I turned away from her, looking down at my hands. I know she means well and I should've known that she would support me regardless of the matter.

"But regardless of what happens." She began.

"I'll be there to pick you up, if you fall." She said. I smiled, pulling her for an embrace.

"Thank you." I told her.

"MOE!" Cleo called. She ran over to us, catching her breath as she came to a complete stop.

"What is it?" Jordi asked as we stood to our feet.

"It's Princeton." She said.

Princeton, "Ugh!" I groaned as he slammed me against the locker doors. Here we are again, beating each other's faces in, all because he can't let shit go.

"You think you're better than me." He growled in my ear before throwing me across the room. I fell near the bench, breathing heavily as he hovered over me.

"You always thought you were the top dog, huh Perez?" He chuckled. I wiped the trail of blood from the corner of my lip then focused back on him.

"Always will be." I barely stated with a chuckle. He snatched me up to my feet and jabbed me in the face. I pulled away, coughing up some more blood while trying to stay on my feet. I chuckled once again until it became a full blown cackle.