CHAPTER 14

Meanwhile - Three Hours Later

Monroe, After expressing our emotions and feelings towards one another, we went to our happy place and goofed off a bit. We had lunch at In-and-Out again then took a long walk around the entire Greenwood neighborhood. However, it was growing dark now, but we weren't ready to separate. Prince wanted to show me something, so I followed his path until we reached our destination.

"Uh, what are we doing here?" I asked, nervous of his answer.

"Relax mama." He said as he cautiously looked around.

"Why are we at school?" I whispered.

"You don't have to whisper, there's no one here." He chuckled. I remained silent, clutching onto my arms as we grew closer to the building. I've never done anything like this before, I've never done anything that was actually wrong before. The incident that happened last week is still something I haven't gradually coped on to yet. I'm not considered as your average badass.

I follow Prince around the corner of the building, spotting a door on the side. The more anxious this was getting, the more afraid I gotten. I'm already on thin ice with Corbin, I don't need anything else to happen.

"What are you doing?" I asked Prince as he placed his hand on the knob of the door. He stuffed his hand into his pocket then replied.

"Trying to get in." He said as I hear the sound of a blade. He held his pocket knife in his hand, sticking the tip of it in the lock.

"Are you crazy? We're gonna get caught!" I whispered once again.

"You really don't know how to live, do you sweetness?" He chuckled, focusing on the lock again.

"I'm serious Jacob." I said sternly. He paused for a moment as I soon realized I called out his first name. I know that he perfers to be called by his nickname, but is it really that serious? I think Jacob is a great name, why would he become so sensitive?

I felt his presence near me, hovering over my small body as I bit my lip, nervously. I found the courage to look into his eyes as they grew darker by the minute.

"Do you trust me?" His voice grew a bit deeper. I bit my lip again, looking away from him. He placed his hand under my chin, gently turning my attention back to him.

"Do you trust me, Monroe?" He softly asked. Did I really trust him? Or was I just crazy in the head for following this guy around? I know he's considered as the troublemaker, but I know he wouldn't do anything that dumb, right?

"Y-yes." I answered. He smiled, pecking my cheek before focusing back on the lock. I push the small strands of hair away from my face, waiting patiently for him to get the door open. I hear a click and he slowly pulled it open, taking my hand. We made our way in and he placed something in between the door in order to keep it open.

"Come on." He said. We slowly made our way down the hallway as I look around the school.

"Why haven't I seen this part of the school before?" I asked, hearing my voice echo through the hall.

"Because this part is off limits." He answered. He came to a complete stop then cut the corner, entering the main hall of the school. I kept quiet, silently praying that we wouldn't get caught. I did trust Princeton, but I've never done this before; knowing how the last incident went down, I wouldn't want to risk anything happening again.