CHAPTER 15

Tuesday, April 14th - The Next Morning

Monroe, I travel down the stairs and into the main entrance, wiping my eyes from the restless night. Princeton called around ten last night, wanting to talk and we held a deep conversation until he eventually fell asleep. I, on the other hand, didn't get any sleep at all because he was constantly on my mind. After learning so much about him yesterday, I really felt for him. He's been through a lot and the least I can do is be there for him.

I escape my thoughts, smelling the aroma of waffles and hash browns fill the house. I step into the kitchen, spotting Shaun at the stove while Corbin occupied himself at the island. I bit my lip, knowing that I have a lot to explain to him. After coming home last night, I headed straight to my room in order to avoid him. There's no way I'll be able to now and I know he's highly pissed.

"Good morning, Moe." Shaun greeted while placing a plate in front of Corbin.

"Morning." I give a small smile while sitting across from him as he remained silent. However, I could feel his eyes on me every once in a while as I silently devoured my food. It wasn't long before I became annoyed by his stare, but I couldn't say a word to him because I'm in the wrong at the moment.

"You want to explain to me, why you were not at the house last night?" He finally spoke in a stern tone.

"Corbin, not now." Shaun stated.

"Not now?"

"She had all the time in the world--I didn't bother her last night." He responded to her.

"Now, tell me why you weren't here last night when we got home." He commanded. I hesitated to answer, not knowing what to say to him really. I couldn't even look him in the eye, because of how intense his stare is.

"I'm talking to you, Monroe!" He spat.

"I had to help a friend." I finally stated, placing my fork down.

"So you disobey me?" He questioned.

"He needed my help!" I snapped.

"THAT DOESN'T GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO LEAVE THIS HOUSE!" He yelled, standing to his feet.

"YOU'RE NOT MY DAD!"

"BUT YOU LIVE UNDER MY HOUSE, UNDER MY RULES MONROE!"

"I DON'T CARE WHO WAS OUT THERE GETTING THEIR ASS KICKED!"

"IF ANYTHING, HE PROBABLY DID SOMETHING TO PISS THEM OFF!"

"SO HE PROBABLY DESERVED IT!" He added in. I felt my heart ache also my blood boiling while staring him in the eye. I give him an intense glare, letting him know what he said was uncalled for.

"Moe, I'm-" He sighed while rubbing his face.

"You know nothing of him and what he goes through!" I spat while standing to my feet.

"I didn't mean-"

"I left the house because he needed someone by his side!" I spat.

"If it were you in a struggle, I would do the same." I finished.

"Moe!" Shaun called as I stormed out of the kitchen and up the stairs. I made it to my room, slamming the door behind me, locking it afterwards before trailing towards my bed. I sigh deeply, rubbing my temples in order to keep calm while sitting at the edge of the bed. I hear my phone beeping, grabbing my attention and I snatch it from my pillow, quickly answering it.