CHAPTER 9

Monday, March 30th - That Morning

Monroe, I face my locker, putting my books inside while hearing everyone chatter amongst one another. This weekend was amazing and it made me feel more comfortable about being here. Although, things have been a bit different since I saved Princeton from that incident last Friday. I wasn't trying to be a hero, but I just couldn't bare to see someone go through a beating like that. It wouldn't be me, if I just stood there and watched.

"Well, well." I hear that irritating voice. Alorah and her crew suddenly approached me with an annoyed look on their faces. I exhale deeply, turning towards her while folding my arms, leaning against my locker.

"You think you're a hero now, newbie?" She smirked.

"No, but I'm obviously gaining more respect than you." I replied. Her smirk quickly faded as one plastered across my face.

"You mocking me, newbie?" She started.

"Why would I be mocking you of all people?" I chuckled.

"You listen to me. I don't take bullsh-"

"Excuse me?" Someone interrupted her before she could even continued. Alorah stepped aside and my stomach flutters, seeing Princeton standing there.

"Princeton, oh my god you're alright!" Alorah squealed, pushing herself against him. He gives a smile in response as she caressed his cheeks, yet I could see the slight aggravation in his eyes. He gently pushed her aside, focusing on me. I backed away a bit, afraid of what he was going to say.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked me.

"Uh, y-you were talking to me?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah, I was." He answered. I was completely zoned out as I stared into his eyes; his skin glowed and his hair shined. He was so attractive that it's almost a crime, if you ask me.

"Y-yeah. Yes!" I struggled to speak. His eyes soon focused on Alorah as she still remained in that same spot, leaning against him.

"Alone." Princeton stated. She rolled her eyes, simply walking away with her posse behind her. I slowly turned back to Princeton, waiting for him to speak.

"I wanted to thank you again, for that little stunt you pulled Friday." He began.

"Oh uh, well." I began, shyly looking down.

"I thought maybe I could distract him."

"Plus, I believe that I owed you a favor after saving me from falling on my ass." I smiled a bit. He chuckled, looking away then back at me.

"Well, I don't want to hold you up mama." He said.

"I'll see you around." He said, backing away.

"Why do you call me that?" I eagerly asked. He stopped in his tracks, looking into my eyes. He slowly approached me, hovering over my small figure as I waited for an answer. I could smell the cologne on him, making me high and that only made him even more a attractive.

"Because I like calling you that." He softly spoke, leaning towards me, releasing that scent of citrus from his breath. The guy smelled like heaven and it killed me. Without another word, he walked away, leaving me there speechless.