CHAPTER 10

Meanwhile - Later That Afternoon

Monroe, Princeton and I headed downtown, to In & Out and grabbed a table. He trailed off towards the counter to order while I found a table for us to sit. I spotted one at the far back and took a seat, patiently waiting for him. I glanced out of the window, thinking about what just happened over the past thirty minutes. I know the girls, mostly Deanna wants me to me stay away from this guy, but I see nothing wrong with him. He seems pretty legit in my eyes, so why not?

"I see you enjoy sitting in the back?" I hear his voice, grabbing my attention. I shyly looked down at my hands that were placed in my lap as he took a seat in front of me.

"It's cool, I prefer sitting in the back too." He chuckled.

"Thanks." I smiled, grabbing my plate from the tray.

"No problem." He said. I choked down a couple fry while focusing back on the streets. Today has been pretty weird, being only my second week of school and I already made two enemies so far. I just hope Alorah doesn't come up with some evil next.

I slowly turned my head, noticing Princeton's stare. He observed me for a while with his chin resting in the palm of his hand. I grew nervous by his silent actions, yet his eyes stayed on me.

"What?" I shyly asked, looking down.

"You're just--hella pretty mama, that's all." He complimented as a small smile slowly formed across his face.

"T-thank you." I softly stated, my face flushed at this point.

"Where you from?" He asked before plopping a popcorn chicken into his mouth.

"Georgia." I answered.

"I've never been there." He replied.

"Good, don't go." I said, making him chuckle.

"Why not?" He asked.

"You wouldn't enjoy it, there's nothing there really." I answered with a slight shrug.

"Is that why you moved here?" He questioned.

"No-"

"My grandmother passed away a couple of weeks ago." I begin.

"At the funeral, I found out that I had an older brother and moved here with him." I explained.

"Damn." He whispered.

"I'm sorry to hear that mama." He said. I look down, hearing that name over and over again, soon beginning to smile. A soft giggle suddenly escaped my lips as I shook my head while picking my head up.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, but it's just that you keep calling me that and it's kind of funny." I giggled. He smiled, chuckling at my little opinion.

"Well, I think it's cute." He replied. I pressed my lips together, trying to stop giggling but I couldn't.

"You really think that's funny huh?" He chuckled.

"I don't even know why." I replied. I finally ceased my silly cackle and continued back on my food.

"Where are you from?" I asked.