CHAPTER 19

Friday, May 15th - Two Days Later

Monroe, I woke from a deep sleep, hearing voices from downstairs. I kept my eyes closed as the sun pierced through the room. After a few more seconds, I checked the time, realizing that it was the early afternoon. I've also realized that I had a bucket list of messages from everyone; Jordi, Cleo, Hansel, Shaun, Corbin, Deanna and Alex. Yet, none from Prince, I've been calling him none stop but he continues to ignore me. It seems like the more he does it, the more it kills me on the inside.

My thoughts were taken away from me, hearing those same voices again. I got out of bed and stepped out of the room. I closed the door and trailed down the hall, hearing the voices grow louder. They cackled like a bunch of hyenas. I reached the stairs, slowly making my way down. I peeped inside of the living room, seeing Ray talking to a couple of people.

"Hey Moe." He greeted.

"Hey." I said in a low tone.

"Monroe?" I heard that familiar voice. I peeped around Ray, seeing Chresanto sitting on the couch.

"You're okay." He said, hugging me rarely tight.

"Yeah." I gave a small smile.

"You two know each other?" He asked.

"Yeah, she's my little cousin." Ray said.

"That's what's up." He smiled.

"Moe, Jordi is about to explode not hearing from you."

"Any everyone is looking for you at school." He continued.

"W-what about Princeton?" I asked. He sighed, not replying as quickly as before. I looked away, trying to keep my posture.

"I'm sorry Moe."

"He's been a little distant from everyone." He said.

"Even us." Someone else said. I peeped around Ray again, seeing Prince's other two friends here...Craig and EJ."

"It's like he's about to shut down." Ej stated.

"When are you coming back?" Chresanto asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"You know you can't hide forever?" He asked.

"And you're gonna eventually have to go back to school." Ray stated.

"Where am I gonna go, my brother doesn't want me back at his place." I said.

"I'm sure Jordi wouldn't mind letting you stay over at her place." Chres suggested.

"That's too much to ask for."

"And I'm not gonna keep jumping from one house to another." I added.

"Well, you are coming to the game tonight right?" He asked. I completely forgot about the game. I promise I'd be there for him and maybe I could see Princeton, that's even if he shows up.

"Of course she's going." Ray answered.

"Im going so she has no choice." He said.