Chapter 29 Stroke of Midnight

Start from the beginning

"Wait." He said and looked at his phone for a few seconds. His alarm went off. I looked at the clock on the stove.

12:00AM

"Make a wish." He said. I smiled. I couldn't have wished for anything better than this moment right now. I blew out the candle and grinned at him.

"What did you wish for love?" He asked.

"I didn't wish for anything. I have everything I need. right here." I said. He smiled at me and pulled the candle out of the cupcake and handed it to me. I took a bite and lowered the cupcake and he started laughing.

"What?" I asked.

"You have frosting on your nose." He said and wiped the frosting off of my nose with his index finger and then stuck it in his mouth.

"Its good." He said and smirked. He put his hands on the counter on each side of me and leaned in and kissed me.

"Happy birthday love." He said as he pulled away. I put the cupcake down to the side of me and put my hands on his shoulders. Our eyes were locked on to each other. I lowered my right hand to his chest. His heart was beating fast, as was my own. He moved his hands to my hips and went in for another kiss. My fingers gripped his shirt and I used my legs to pull him closer to me. My lips curved into a smile under his. His hands slipped under my shirt, they felt warm against my skin. His lips left mine and went down my neck. My legs tightened around his waist. I tangled my fingers in his hair. He moved his hands down to the backs of my legs and lifted me off the counter carrying me down the hallway and into the bedroom. 

It wasn't long before we were both completely exposed to each other for the first time, tangled together in the soft sheets on his bed completely in tune with each other. The atmosphere in the room was hot and heavy, his skin was warm against mine and it glistened with sweat. Our breathing was ragged and needy. My fingernails raked over his back and our skin was pressed even closer together. The moment wasn't what I had been imagining in my head all along. It was better. We moved in sync to our own music of passionate sighs. He laced his fingers with mine and our lips collided. I felt a warmth buiding in my midsection. My grip on his hands tightened. I broke from the kiss and gasped burrying my face in his neck as I felt my whole body shiver under his. I bit into his shoulder trying to muffle any embarassing sounds I might have made at that moment. He moved his hand to my hair and tangled his finger into my curls tugging on them lightly. His breathing was rough, and ragged and he collapsed into me both of us laying there, catching our breaths. I laid my head back against the pillow and looked up into his blue eyes smiling at him. He smiled back at me and pressed his lips to mine and we laid there for hours our legs tangled together between the sheets his arms around me, and my head on his chest. I felt whole, and perfectly content for the first time since I could remember. 

Killian POV

I blinked at the daylight coming through the frost covered windows. I looked down at Kassidy who was still in my arms with her head on my chest. I smiled and kissed her on the top of her head and gently adjusted her so her head was on the pillows I didn't want to wake her up, Her lips were curved into a smile and she was sleeping peacefully. I got out of bed and pulled the covers over Kassidy, noticing I had left a pretty good sized love bite on her neck.

Oops. I smirked. I walked out the room and into the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day.

I stood in the kitchen making french toast and bacon for breakfast.

"Smells good." Kassidy said walking into the kitchen. I smiled and looked over her. She was wearing one of my shirts and a pair of her underwear. That was it.

Damn..

"I..hope you don't mind, I ran out of my shirts to wear." She said.

"No, I don't mind at all. I hope I didn't wake you up."

"Uh, the smell of delicious bacon woke me up. I aint mad." She said and smirked. I laughed.

"Good. It will be done in a few minutes." I said. She smiled.

"Okay." She said and walked into the livingroom and peeked out the window.

"Killian!" She yelled.

"What??" I asked and ran into the living room expecting something to be wrong.

She turned to me with a big grin on her face.

"It snowed." She said. I shook my head at her and laughed and walked back into the kitchen.

"Come get some breakfast you dork." I said.

"Fine. But then I'm going outside to look at the snow." She said and walked to the table and sat down. I set a plate in front of her.

"I hope you are going to put pants on first." I said. She raised an eyebrow at me and bit into a strip of bacon.

"Maybe." She said and smirked. I chuckled and sat down with her at the table

"So what are your plans for today birthday girl?" I asked.

"Well, Dad texted me this morning he wants me to stay put until the roads get better So I guess I am all yours today, Mr. Jones." She grinned.

"Is that so?" I asked and raised an eyebrow.

Good.