Chapter 28 Everything

Start from the beginning

"She's going to be there. She will see me." Emma said with a smirk.

"You two look really beautiful Kassi." My dad said and pulled me aside. "You look just like your mother." He said with a tear in his eye.

"Oh Dad.." I said and wiped the tear away.

"I'm sorry, I just miss her." He said.

"I miss her too." I said and hugged him.

"So do I get to meet the lucky guy who gets you as his date?" He asked.

you already have. I thought. I wished so badly that I could introduce my Dad to Killian in the way I saw him, not as my algebra teacher but the love of my life. But, I also wanted Killian alive.

"It was a last minute thing Dad, its not a big deal. We probably wont even dance together we both just needed dates to get in." I lied. "He's meeting me there."

"Okay honey." My dad said and smiled at me. He sighed heavily.

"What?" I asked.

"I just can't believe tomorrow is your 18th birthday. Where has the time gone?" He asked.

I just smiled at him.

"I know you are staying at Ruby's tonight, but maybe you can come home for a little tomorrow afternoon so we can celebrate?"

"Of course Dad." I said and hugged him again. He hugged me tightly, as if it was the last time he'd ever see me again.

"Dad.. I need to breathe." I said.

"Sorry." He laughed. "You better go. Have fun. be safe. I love you."

"I love you too" I said and kissed him on the cheek and hurried out the door with Emma.

Killian POV

"Hold still Killian." Ruby said as she straightened my gold bowtie. It was a little strange hearing her call me Killian and not Mr. Jones, but I would have to get used to it.

"How do I look?" I asked. Also weird.

"Dashing." Ruby said and grinned and then shook her head. "That was weird." She said.

"You are telling me." I said and laughed.

"But really, You look great. Kassidy will love it."

"I hope so." I said.

"Don't forget this." Belle said and handed me my mask.

"That would have been horrible." I said. "Kass would have killed me." I said.

"We all would have killed you." Ruby said. I smirked.

"Thank you, for your help." I said.

"No problem Jones, Just give me an A on my next test and we'll call it good." Ruby said. I gave her a look.

"Kidding." She said and grinned.

Belles phone chimed. "Oh! Kassidy and Emma just got here." I slipped the mask over my face.

"Shall we go then?" I asked.

My eyes scanned the room looking for Kassidy. It was dark and the strobe lights made it hard to see, but when I finally spotted her there was no mistaking it. The gold glitters on her dress sparkled under the party lights, her blonde hair was in a pretty up do save for a few stubborn ringlets that fell into her face. Her mask fit her face perfectly It was gold, with red jewels and a rose on the upper left corner of it. She raised a glass of punch to her full, scarlet colored lips, the funny face she made suggested that someone had already spiked the punch. I smiled to myself, I stood before the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes on and all I could do was stare. Her cool gray eyes searched for me and when her eyes met mine, her entire face lit up and she smiled and I knew at that moment I would give up everything for her. I could lose everything I owned but I could not lose her.