Brec's Last Days(6)

3rd Pov

Brec stares at the ring on her left hand. Smiling lovingly.

"I still can't believe you two actually went through with that." Laura says.

Brec sweat drops.
"What? Us getting married? Two 15 year olds? Totally normal."
Brec says sarcastily a bit.

"I think it's beautiful. Marrige is like a promise to always love your partner. I can't wait to get married."
Lily says.

Yume smiles at her little sister figure.
"I kinda feel bad though Lily. We're all going to get married before you because we're older."

Lily happily shakes her head.
"I don't mind! I'd rather watch you all get married and have families first! It vivede more to fantasizes about my future with Ryuu-Kun!"

The group of girls smile. Koharu looks at Ako with a smirk.

"So Ako-Chan? What's your status with Kanata-Kun?" Koharu says mischievouly.

Ako looks away. Her face as red as her hair.
"I--It's complicated."

The girls laugh. But then look down. Remembering that Brec only has 6 days left. What the most devastating part is, is that all they can really do is hope and pray that this week will go as slow as possible.

Yume takes in a deep breath and tries to contain her tears. She swallows a lump she didn't even realize was there. She looks up. Tears in the corner of her eyes but a wide and happy smile on her face.

"Ne, Onee-Sama? Why don't we go for a walk?"

Brec looks happily at her technically somewhat younger sister/twin. And nods her head like a dog. But then looks to the side at Bree.

"But who will watch Bree?"

"We will duh."
Laura starts.
"We're friends. Plus."

She picks up Bree who is staring at Laura's bubble gum hair.

"We all want to have families right? Might as well start learning how to take care of a baby now."

Brec looks at Laura gratefully with a smile and nods. But then says.

"Be prepared to lose an unbelievable amount of sleep then. Which I expect to happen to all of y'all after you all graduate."

The group laughs with smiles on their faces while Brec's face stays straight as she raises an eyebrow.

"I mean it." She says sternly. But then laughs.

Yume grabs Brec's hand and walks out the room.

(Your choice to play the song above.)

For a little while, the girls say nothing. They just walk in silence.

"This is your last Monday huh?" Yume blurts out of nowhere.

Brec is caught by surprise from her sisters words. She looks down and smiles to herself.

"Yeah... And it's a lazy one..."

While walking Brec holds her hands behind her back and looks out of the millions of windows on her left side.

"You know, I came to this hospital since I was a child. All the doctors and nurses know me. My favorite one is a women named Rose. She is kinda like a second-er-third mother to me."

Brec looks back down. A sad look on her face.

"The other day... After you found out that I only had a week left, I overheard her crying in her office. Along with a few other nurses and doctors that I have known me since I was 5."

She turns to Yume. A happy yet sad smile on her face.

"I know! Everyday for these last few days I'll give you words of advice(?)!"

Brec stops walking which causes Yume to stop also. Looking back at her sister, Brec points a finger at Yume.

"You're lucky Yume! Even though you found out you were sick. You had the chance to live a normal childhood. Unlike me and other people, you never had to spend most of your childhood in a hospital room, or sleep on a hospital bed for so long that you forget what it's like sleeping in your bedroom. You get the chance to run around and play."

She puts her finger down. Her smile still on her lips.

"You got a normal life for most of your life. Some people don't get that choice. So in my eyes, you're lucky!"

Yume is taken aback by Brec's words. Small tears are forming in the corners of her eyes. But she shakes her head and gives Brec a closed eye smile.

"I guess I am...!"