Brec's Last Days (7)

3rd Pov

Yume stares at her shaking legs. Nothing but a ringing sound echoes through her ears. Silent tears fall down her cheeks.

'One week....'

No matter how many times she blinks, tears keep on falling out.

'There's only one week left until....... I'm no longer anybody's twin.....'

Yume looks over at Honoka. Who's just staring at her lap. Unable to process what Brec's doctor just said.

Yume looks at her mom. Who is shaking with tears falling down her cheeks and onto her blue jeans.

Yume stands up. Shaking.

"It can't be true! Just last week she was.... Laughing, and running and...... She can't.... Can't be dying as we speak! Her body can't just be shutting down like this all of a sudden! You said she had a year left just last week! Now you're saying she only has one week left!? That can't be!!"

Yume shouts. Straining her voice which cracks in between her words.

Kyoko--who is now standing up-gently holds Yume's shoulder.

"Yume.... There's nothing we can do.... And knew this would happen if she gave birth to Bree... And..... She was ready for this day......"
Kyoko says in a motherly tone.

"But she just gave birth to Bree two months ago! This--this is too sudden!!"

Kyoko looks down. Honoka stands up.

"Yume.... Maybe you should go talk to her..."

Yume stares at Honoka. Confused. But all she does is nod her head and slowly walks out. Tears still falling down her face.

Opening the door to Brec's samw old hospital room, she takes in a deep breath and swings the door open.

Brec looks up from her book. When she spots Yume she gives her a gentle soft smile. Yume on the other hand. Trys to glare at her. Like if she squints hard enough she'll make a hole in her twin.

"How could you not tell me!"
She shouts. Her voice cracking. More tears than before fall down her cheeks. She looks down and shuts her eyes. Balling her fists together tight.

Brec's kind smile doesn't falter. Rather, small tears fall down her cheeks also.

Knowing her sister, Yume's ready for Brec to shout back at her. To start this huge big fight between the twins and not apologize until a few days later. Yume's ready to hear her voice yell at her with all her strength.

But it never comes.

"I'm sorry..."

Yume looks up. Her fist un-ball. And her eyes widen to a sight she thought she would never see.

So many tears are falling down Brec's cheeks that if it wasn't for her calm state, she would be having a breakdown. A small sad smile is on her lips. And she's shaking like as if a small child had just waken up to a nightmare.

"I just wanted to give us a happy birthday.... But I couldn't even do that...."

She leans over and clutches her yellow sweater that Asahi had just given her yesterday.

"I couldn't even keep you happy on our first and last birthday together..... I'm a failure as a sister....!"

Yume stares at her sister in shock of her words. She looks down but then looks up and walks over her and hugs Brec.

"That's not true... You're not a failure of a sister...
"You brought me out of my depression...
"You made me realize that falling in love is a wonderful thing...
"You made me want to fight when I really needed to..."

Yume holds Brec's cheeks and looks her dead in the eye.

"Everything that has happened up until now. Everything that made me want to try and.... Get married... And have a family with Subaru... It's all because of you...
"That's why you're one of the most greatest people to ever live! Everything I want... Is because of you! And it's why...."

Yume stutters as she starts chocking on tears. She quickly wraps her arms around Brec's neck as she lets out everything she's ever been holding for the past almost year.. Just like how she did with Honoka when she left Four Star.
(She's not actually choking she can breath I just can't remember the right word)

"It's why I'm scared to lose you! I'm scared that if you die, I won't want to try anymore!
"I love Subaru with all my heart, but I love you even more! You're my sister! You share the same blood as me! You and Honoka are the only siblings I got! You're the only twin I'll ever have! You're my other half!
"I know that I didn't know you existed for half of my life, but this one year with you, Honoka, Subaru, Koharu, Laura, Mahiru, Ako, Lily, Shiro, and everyone else! It's been the best year in my entire life! I've found what most people look for, for their entire life..... True happiness...
"So please, don't leave me!"

Brec is only able to manage to give a small weak smile.

"Yume... I did my best I could... When I met you I had a huge goal... And I was able to accomplish it..."

Brec slowly hugs Yume back.

"So while I still have these few days left.... I wanna die while not only being a sister and a mother, but... Also a wife..."

"So with this week.... My last days.... I'll do everything I've wanted to do with you all before I... Before I-"

Brec stutters as more tears swell up around her eyes.

The girls say nothing as they embrace each other. Crying together, sharing a bond that only a few people will ever experience. A bond of not only sisters. But two half of a shape.

And they just stay there and cry. Cry of a fate that they knew was going to happen sooner or later. They just never wanted to think of it.

And with that. Brec's last Sunday ends.

Days left: 6