The Nijino Sisters

(Play song now!)

Yume POV

I stare at my now moveable legs in shock. Happiness stirring in my heart.

"I still can't believe it...."
I say. My voice tired.

"Just one surgery......."

I can't help but to smile. As it spreads across my face I can feel Subaru's gaze on me.

I look over to my side and see Subaru smiling at me.

"Hey?"
He starts.

"Don't you remember what we said. That until you say,"I love you," to me we would become an actual couple."

I feel my face heat up along with my ears a bit. I look to my right in embarrassment.

Just then I feel the warm palm of Subaru's hand. He gently moves my head for me to face him again.

He stares at me for a few seconds. A loving smile on his face. A small blush on the side of his cheeks.

He slowly moves his hand down a bit. My heart starts to beat faster as my chest starts to lose it. Until his thumb stops on my lips.

I stay frozen as I slowly feel my face become redder. And my eyes widen a bit.

"AHH!"

I quickly push his hand away. Subaru chuckles a bit.

"Su-Subaru!"

I yell blushing at him. He just chuckles a bit more and gives me a childish smile.

But as I stare at him I notice a light pink tint on his cheeks. I smirk.

"You're blushing!"
I yell at him in a teasing voice.
This causes him to stop chuckling and actually make his face a bit redder.

"I am not!"
He yells. Sounding a bit childish.

"For a boy you sure do blush alot."
"At least my ears don't turn red!"
"Yudetako!"
"Tomato!"
"Apple!"
"Strawberry!"
"Cherry!"
"Pepper!"

A knock from a door drags us out of our argument. As both of our heads turn.

"Hey Yume....."

I see Brec say. Honoka behind her.

I imdiantly look down. Staring at my legs. I feel the heat slowly leave my face.

"Hey Subaru.... Can we be alone right now...?"
"Umm.... Yeah sure."

I watch out of the corner of my eyes as Subaru leaves the room.

Brec walks over and sits on the side of the bed.

I look up and stare at her for a bit. My heart hurting in pain. But I soon move my gaze back down to my legs.

"Yume..."

I barely look up to see her chin.

"Have you seen or read a book called If I Stay...?"

I slowly shake my head no.

"Well.... Because I don't want to give you too many spoilers.... But..."

She gently pushes my head up to face her and stare her in the eyes. And I notice tears streaming down her face.

"There are so many people..... In this hospital.... Just for you.... And they would take a bullet for you... They would push themselves in front of a moving train to save you... You are like... The gule to everyone....
"You're the reason why everyone's still friends.... You're the reason why all your friends came to find you...."