Almost A Year...

???? POV

"Okay, now solve this."

8(s + 3) = 72

Right now we're at my favorite cafe. We were able to get a table outside.

"Umm.......eight."

"Correct!"

I close the notebook.

"Okay! We're done for the day."
"Okay."
"You've been getting better Yume. I'm already teaching you some of the stuff we learn at school."

I take a sip of my latte.
"And I'm a third year in high school. I guess you really learn alot when Kotori tutors you. She says you do fantastic!"
"I guess."

I sigh. I place my cup on the table next to the notebook. I look back at Yume.
"Why don't you just go to school?"
"What's the point. Next week will mark the day I left and had surgery then I'll only have a year left to live so......what's the point?"
"Then why did you agree with all this tutoring?" I say with a smirk.
"It was your idea. Not mine. I told you no but you didn't listen to me."

I frown. I decide to change the subject.
"What did the doctor say?"
"Nothing new. Though he says I have a very slight chance of paralysis but it's nothing big."

I give her a sad look.

Yume's changed alot. Though her hair is still the same her body's matured a bit. Her breast of gotten slightly bigger.....ehehe it's a good thing Nozomi isn't here. But her emotions have changed.

She doesn't really trust anybody anymore except for me and Rin. I'm the only one who can make her shed even the slightest smile.

She doesn't even bother to go to school. She says it's not worth it thinking that she's gonna die soon. But it seams like she's forgotten that she might live.

Either way, I didn't want her to be left in the dust for her education.

I decide to tutor her. Against her will. Me, Umi, and Kotori take turns. And even though she doesn't go to school, I still teach her.

I check my watch.
"Eh! Come on Yume! The bus is gonna leave without us!"
"Coming."

I quickly hop off my seat. But then I take one more sip of my latte. Yume cracks a very small, tiny smile.

We get to our bus to take us to my house. It's around this time when I start helping around with Homura.

When we get there we go to my room. I throw my stuff down and put on my apron. I look around. Next to my bed is this little thing that Yume sleeps on. It's like this little mattress thing. And it lays next to my bed.

I set my thing's down, and go downstairs to help. Before I leave the room I look back to her. She's sitting next to my small table and is on her phone.

I give her a worried look and go downstairs.

Yume POV

I scroll through my phone. I look at the date.

March 10th

Next week will mark the day when I left Four Star. I sigh and turn off my phone and face it on it's screen facing down.

I place my hand on my head. Dizziness taking over.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

I grab my purse and my pink sweater before I move again the headache hits me even harder. I lean against the wall, and start rubbing my temples lightly. When it calms down a bit I walk to the door and open it. I look around the room for some reason.