100k special - dick

yes guysssssss.
in the newest news, this book has reached 100k views.
jeez i can't believe it. that's a lot of people.
that's like... worth the price of a car give it take
damn i wish

anywho in light of this news, i'm here to make one final one shot (even though i'm passed my young justice phase)
so here you go

(comment and vote guysssss ;)

-

the clock struck. at which time, i had not known. but the dong has wrung through the tiny living room that, over the years, we had learnt to call our sanctuary; our paradise, and our home.

i couldn't move my head. i had not wanted to, at least. my fellow teammates were surrounded me, all of us in a circle, holding hands. it had felt strange, to have M'Gann's warm hand in my right, and Bart's fidgety one in my left. i did not want to look any of them in the eye. for it would have been too painful. especially if i was to look at dick.

two, bleak, hours prior to this, Batman had called all of us for a meeting, at which he had formally disbanded the Young Justice League. it had come to a pain to all of us, even if we had seen it coming a long time ago.

no one, at the time, had wanted to admit it, but we all knew it was to be a matter of time before we were to go our separate ways. ever since the disappearance of Wally, everyone had been walking on thin ice. at the time, we had been too exposed. the Young Justice team was meant to be for covert missions; missions that were indiscreet and under the radar. but in time, everyone had known who the group was, including people who could do harm.

batman had said that we were, at that moment, at a security risk. prolonging the team's activity would have meant practically waving a white flag for our death.

but even though we had known all that, we all had hovered together and reminisced in the final moments we were to be together. no one had spoken, and no one complained. all that was to hear were the steady breaths of our teammates.

some, like dick (or, as i knew him back then, nightwing) and Kaldur, had known each other for years, while others, like Bart and Jamie, had only begun to explore their friendship. it was heartbreaking that it was to be all taken away in a blink of an eye.

i, for one, had had enough of that. i looked up, forcing my eyes to lift as well, and not be held down by grief. looking at the faces of my teammates, i remembered the good times i had recalled having. at that moment, i appreciates all the good that had happened. and the bad. because the bad has been equally predominant as the good. my eyes landed on dicks closed ones, his head hanging and hair dangling on his forehead. he had looked so at peace.

"we don't have to listen to Batman." a voice had said. i quickly looked around my friends in the circle and landed on Garfield. "we can continue our own group—" he had said. i remember smiling at that.

Tim had scoffed. "there's too many of us, Garfield." his voice had cracked. it's weird now, to remember how small we all were. "besides, they're right. they're al right. we're no longer safe, no matter how hard we try."

no one had said anything. i hadn't expected anyone to, anyways. because everyone knew who he was taking about. but people had always found a way to surprise me. back then, at least.

"wally would have wanted us to be safe." this time, it had been nightwing. as i looked up at time, i was surprised to find he had tear stains on his cheeks; at the time i had never seen him cry. i had been equally surprised when he took off his mask, and buried his face in his hands, silently sobbing. artemis and connor, who had sat on both sides of him, went to hug him. i frowned. and felt my chest contracting with pain. pain i felt for him.