DiCk - 4k special 1/3

s2
(for this special, there will be little decisions here and then which will be bolded in black. want to contribute? comment what YOUR decisions would be!)

Life in Gotham wasn't easy. It was far from easy. Especially if you were poor and incapable of taking care of yourself. For people such as you, that was the case. You realized that if you were to live as a low life in the big city, your best bet would be to train. By yourself.

Day after day you would visit an empty ware house, one which had all the equipment you needed. Punching bags, gymnastic mats, weights, swords, almost anything. You picked fighting / blades / arrows as your weapon. It was most strange for such a normal building to have these necessities, but nonetheless you took advantage of it.

During your days, you would try to find work at a cheap place, to feed you justly, or beg for money if it was a slow business day. At night, you trained yourself. At light, your motive was defending yourself but it soon came into the strive to protect others. There was only so much ground the bat family could cover. Although this was a dream. Something not to be acted upon. Besides, who were you, a poor low life girl compared to the infamous batman?

This is the story of how it all changed for you, one place at a time.

"Change for the poor? Change for the poor?" You begged people walking by you. It was a normal bustling day in down town Gotham and you were, per usual, asking for change after being unsuccessful in finding a job. You hated / didn't mind doing this. Though given the state of criminals these days, no one would hire anyone they didn't indirectly know, nor would anyone give money to a stranger. It was how it went, but it didn't hurt to try. Unless there was a sicko granny who harassed you with a purse for being a "crook."

You were about to call in late for the day, until down the street coming your way was none other than one of the richest in Gotham, Bruce Wayne and annoying / handsome ex-ward; Richard Grayson who was around the same age as you. If anyone could spare change, it would be them even if they didn't want to.

Usually, the two men would be surrounded by interviewers or the paparazzi, but as fate would have it, they were completely off the hook from anyone. Perfect bait.

So, you stood up, smoothed out your semi decent choice of clothing, and tucked your hair behind your ear, making you look as pretty as possible. You made your way to the two in a very clear line. But they didn't seem to notice you. At least they didn't show it. It wasn't until you were in their view when they noticed you.

"Excuse me, ma'am." The Bruce Wayne politely asked.

"Could you spare some change for me, Mr. Wayne?" You looked up at him with pleading eyes.

"Sorry. No change. Now if you'll excuse me-" he straightened his suit.

You were about to protest until ten hundred dollar bill was dropped in your hands. But it wasn't Bruce's.

"Here you are, miss." Said Richard Grayson. You looked at him in a mixture of gratitude and surprise. It was 1000 dollars!! All thoughts of him before was changed into thinking that he was a generous and kind young man.

"Dick?" Bruce frowned, "I gave that to you to treat Barbra for dinner. Not to give it to someone of the likes of this young woman."

Richard, or Dick it seemed, didn't look at Bruce. He looked straight at you with a smile, "It looks like she needs it more than me."

You tried to find the right words and ended up with, "I couldn't take this, it's too much. Thank you for your generosity though, Richard. / Oh thank you Richard for your generosity. This is greatly appreciated. This will not unforgotten." You gave back the money / put it in your pocket.