BlUe BeTtLe

disclaimer-I don't own the drawing. credits to the artist. -I know nothing about Babyface so if I made a mistake please bare with me.

hey guys. so Bart and beast boy are in high (?) demand but I just did those two recently so I think I'll postpone them for a little later on, just to have some diversity between the characters. also there's a question I want you guys to answer at the end of the chapter.

living in a superhero and super villain infested world made it almost impossible for anyone to go untouched in the sense of kidnapping or assault. so it only made sense that one fateful day, I was kidnapped by none other than Babyface and some other thugs. but it wasn't just me, it was also around twenty five other people. from what I've heard, the gang were about to use us for ransom money from either the city of El Paso or the family of the kidnapped people. the money they expected was around 100,000 buckeroos. if the money wasn't brought until sundown then... well I guess the answer is obvious.

they were holding us on a cruise line in the huge dining area, all tied up either against nailed tables or together. I was tied against a pole by myself, very tightly I might add. I was squirming quite a lot compared to the rest. the message has already been sent to the city so I bet that soon a hero would be flying through the window saving the day and sending us all home. so, I wasn't really that worried.

but we all waited. I waited, the other hostages waited, the 10 guards waiting and the boss waited. no money or super hero. it was so quiet I even heard the faint and steady sounds of a beetle. well, things weren't going as planned. if this kept up our blood would be spilled on the floor.

I soon realized that us regular people can't rely on heroes for everything. sometimes we have to take care of issues our self.  so I decided to do what I do best. complain, talk, and trash.

"so," I started off confidently looking up at all the bored goons, "wouldn't it have been easier to get this money by stealing a bank?" I stared struggling in the ropes.

everyone's gaze turned to my face, very much surprised that I said something. I couldn't help but smirk a little.

"well... yes—" one guard closest to me began to speak but the one next to him slapped his head.

"don't talk to her, you idiot." he hissed and the first goon's face turned red. everyone forgot I was there again in seconds. how rude.

"yes... yes what?" I frowned, "yes, stealing from a bank would be easier but instead, you all decided to act like jerks and steal people from their lives? I get your 'evil', but don't you all have lives? a family, friends, children even?! well that's what we have! and who knows. maybe one of us has a family to get back too. maybe loving parents who are crying over the missing of their child. or perhaps the father is missing while his daughter or son is being born? or perhaps you've just taken away someone's shot at having a career, only to let their family down. or—"

I was rudely interrupted by the boss, BabyFace. from the desk in the middle of the room he abruptly stood up, staring at me in anger, "that's enough!" he narrowed his eyes and walked around his desk towards me. everyone on the ship jumped, startled by his sudden outburst, "who might you be, young one?"

"y/n. y/n l/n," I challenged, narrowing my eyes and leaning forward.

"well, y/n," the baby man stood straight and walked back and forth, "you seem fairly confident and such a loud mouth, not to mention persuasive and smart. but not intelligent enough to persuade my strong boys. what do you expect to concur by this?"

"well, I just assumed that your so called boys were naive, weak, stupid," I still kept up my act whist continuing to fight in the ropes, "after all, they aren't very good at tying knots."