CoNnOr

character- connor
season- 1

"I'm fine, y/n." Connor hissed as he slammed his locker and turned around, walking down the hallway.

you frowned and waddled after him, "you don't seem fine. did Malcolm bother you again?" you asked. you and Connor were at school hanging in the halls after last period. you've been noticing connor's mood swings and anger issues becoming more common ever since last weekend, so you decided to question it.

"no." he said through clenched teeth. you could tell he wasn't enjoying this. he walked faster.

"then what happen?" you pushed.

he sighed aggressively and abruptly stopped. turning around, he looked you dead in the eye, "I. am. fine. there's absolutely nothing to worry about." he flashed a forced smile. it wasn't as warm as his usual, real ones. you didn't like that.

before connor turned back around, you noticed a scar running along his head.

he couldn't take another step, as you grabbed his wrist. he turned around and narrowed his eyes.

"now what?"

"what's that?" you ran your index finger along the side of his face where the scar was.

he visibly tensed, "uh... nothing." he pulled his hand but your grip was tight.

"Connor Kent!" you stomped your foot, "I am your friend," but you wished you were so much more, "and I won't stop until you tell me what happen. I wanna know if your really okay. I don't like seeing you like this."

Connor's eyes automatically softened, "I-" he let out a long sigh and you released your grip on his hands.

he leaned against the lockers and crossed his arms, looking down. this better be good.

"well, I was at the football game last weekend. you didn't go, I know. anyways, in the bleachers below me, a bunch of guys started talking nastily about this girl. I... I don't know. I felt angry. how dare they talk about a living person that way? so, I taught them a lesson. ended up wish a few bruises-" he pointed to his face, "- and two months worth of detention, along with a one week suspension, but it was worth it. the guys will never talk about any girl that way again..."

you smiled a bit. lucky girl, "but I still don't get it. why are you angry?"

"well... when I went back to the c- I mean home, I kept wondering why I did that. I mean any decent guy would've just told them to shut up, so why didn't I? I almost beat them to death." he then looked up at you dead in the eye. you froze. what was he going to say?

"then it hit me." he smiled very softly at you, the one you craved to see every day, "I love her." he finished and pushed himself off the lockers.

you opened your mouth to speak, but no words came out. instead, you mean a choking sound. was he taking about you? it certainly seemed like it.

he chuckled and ran a hand through his hair, "see yea tomorrow, y/n. you made me feel better." he grave you one peck on the cheek and walked off.

so say you died would've been an understatement.