BaRt

character- Bart
season- 2

"happy birthday bart." your voice came out hoarse and quiet as you shamefully held up the chocolate cake.

he stopped tinkering with the time machine and stood up, wiped his hands on a cloth and turned to you. around his eyes were wrinkles, his hair was a mess, and his eyes held emptiness, but a slight hint hope.

he chuckled lightly, "thanks y/n." he walked in front of you and left a light kiss on your cheek.

"you really didn't have to make the cake," he rested a hand on your stained shoulder as he admired the cake.

it wasn't the best. it took you around a month to collect all the ingredients. and don't even get me started on all the times you took a beating for getting caught. yet that did nothing to improve the sloppiness and thinness of the treat.

"I had to," you whispered softly, "we need hope. and we finally have some."

you glanced behind and set the cake on the messy work bench. you placed a gentle hand on the shell of the machine and sighed long fully.

"I know what your thinking. you can't come with me." Bart whispered, "he might not notice me missing, but he'll see you missing."

you clenched your teeth and softly growled. he was right. after all, you were the great granddaughter of superman. the blue beetle had to keep an eye on you, for the sake of his empire.

"it's not fair!" you raised your voice slightly, but not too loud. it was after curfew, and considering their position, is wasn't the best idea to her caught.

"it'll all be fair when I get back. you won't remember this anymore. we'll live happily, grow old together." bart pulled your hand off the machine and squeezed it.

you laughed softly, "we've 13, bart."

he pulled you into a hug, "I'll be back, I promise. I'll make it all better. besides I got at least another week here."

you forced a smile and nodded. "alright." you pulled two plastic forks from your pocket, "wanna eat the cake now?" you grinned.

he noticed your forced smile but noted it for another day. for the sake of pretending everything was okay, he nodded and took one.

the both of you ate the pathetic yet surprisingly yummy cake, and increasingly got happier as you laughed and talked in hushed voices.

you kissed him on the lips with your cake covered ones.

"happy birthday bart."

I actually enjoyed writing this one, hope you guys do!