CoNnOr

Clenching your fist, you ignored the ringing of your phone once again. Connor just wouldn't stop calling you. So, as you did to the past twenty calls, you declined it.

"Excuse me darling, it seems like you're a bit conflicted," said a southern voice on the left of you. You turned to notice the old lady who had sat next to you on the subway.

As the train started moving towards the next station, you nodded, "Yea. Boy troubles..." You frowned and stuffed your phone in your pocket, crossing your arms.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happen? Perhaps you could do with some advice from an old timer," she smiled so kindly you couldn't have deny her.

"Well it's my friend. When we were younger we were super close, like two peas in a pod. And I might've had a huge crush on him. I confessed my feelings and he let me down very badly. So to say the least I was broken. But over time I've established a fresh start, had a great life. And now he comes and I'm trying to ignore him."

"Well, it seems like you still have feelings for this young man. What's holding you back?"

You tried to find the right words, "Well I've become a self sufficient person who tried and succeeded to move past my petty crushes from high school. And him coming back might just destroy the life I've made. And i don't think I can let him back in after what he had said to me." You gulped and twiddled your thumbs.

After a silence, the lady said, "Do you believe in second chances?"

You looked up at her, "Yes of course I do but-"

"Shouldn't that be reason enough to give him another chance? It seems he wants to go back to you. He's sorry, dear."

You looked back down and placed your head in your hands starting to feel ashamed, "You're right."

"Of course I am. Go back to your boy, y/n. Connor needs you. And you need him."

You nodded with a sigh about to reach for your phone until it dawned to you, "Hold up I never told you our names," you looked to where the lady was. She was gone. Looking up and down the subway, she was still no where in sight. And it didn't even faze other passengers. Who was she?

But who ever she was, the old lady had a point. Connor needed a second chance. So you set the thought of the old woman aside as you took your phone.

"Hey Connor, it's y/n. We need to talk."

•••

Knock on the door.
No!
Just knock, y/n!
Never!
You need to talk to him!
Over my dead body.
Just. Knock.
Alright fine, brain!

You raised your fist about to knock on the door until it swung open and out came a body who was much to preoccupied with putting on his jacket than to noticing you standing there. So of course, his body came toppling on yours sending you both crashing on the floor.

"What the fu— y/n?!" The man was none other than connor.

Grunting, you pushed him off of you, "Connor," you said suppressing a scowl.

He quickly came to his feet, extending a hand to help you up. You swatted it away and pushed yourself up by the wall.

"What are you doing leaving?" you said straightening your sweater, "didn't we agree on meeting at your place?"

"Yea but it's been an hour since 6. I thought you weren't coming so was going to look for you. I thought something bad happen..."

Looking down, you pursed your lips, "well I'm right here. Can I.. uh come inside?"

It took him a second to answer as he was taking on your appearance. You looked to different then when you had when you were younger. A good different.

"yea... Yes of course."connor stepped back in his apartment, hanging his sweater and stepping aside for you to come it.

You walked in after him, setting your sweater on the couch as you awkwardly stood there. It was a nice apartment. Nothing fancy, but it was nice. It seemed like it was built for two people so who was the other spot for?

"Do you want coffee or anything?" Connor stood in front of you, an anxious expression in his face.

"Um maybe some water? Thanks." You twiddled your thumbs as he went into the kitchen fetching some water. The silence in the apartment was very bothersome.

"Here," connor walking into the living room soon after, handing you the glass. You mumbled a thanks and took a slight sip and placed it on connor sat next to you.

Before you could say anything, connor burst out talking.

"Y/n I know this is going to awkward and hard for you so I don't really expect you to say anything so just shut up and listen. I'm sorry I really am. I was young and naive and I didn't know I was in love with you because I thought I was nothing more than a clone, incapable of feeling emotions. Letting you go was so stupid and I've regretted it ever since. We've had so many memories and now I want to add to them. Because I've realized that all my good memories are with you in it. When you slipped through my fingers there were no more happy memories. And soon they were just that. Memories, "he was running his hand through his hair rapidly avoiding eye contact until this very moment, "and it was this morning that I realized I still love you. And always will. I know this won't be enough for your forgiveness. I don't deserve it. But I don't want you out of my life. I want another chance y/n. I don't think I can live without it."

Connors eyes were glassy and in pain as he searched yours. Your breath was blown away, lost for words, not able to make a sound. It was expected for connor to beg for forgiveness, but this was unbelievable.

You took a deep breath caught between looking at the ceiling and his eyes, "this whole time I've tried to make my own life, away from you or being a super hero or anything. But I guess it's not enough. Because no mater how hard I try, I'll never get you outta my head. I'll let you back in, connor. We need more memories."

And with that, you were wrapped up in Connors arms, squeezing all the air out of you. His touch and smell and protectiveness was what was missing in your life.

You and connor would continue your house of memories; expanding each room one by one.

/
\
/
\

Wow this was so cheesy but I love it all the same. I also love the song that I added with this so much. I'm starting to fall in love with panic! At the disco.

Anywho thanks for 3K views people! This book is starting to escalate! Love eyes single one of you. Until next time!

bella xx