CoNnOr - 4/5/6/7k special 2/3

(wtf?! It's been like a week since my last update and I got 2 thousand reads! I got six thousand already! Thank you so much every single one of you. I guess this since 4K special is now 6k along with 5k >.<
Update- 7k. What?! Do I even deserve this? These stories are totally not my best work howww)

Y/w - your weapon

s2

It has been at least six years since Wally, Kaldur and Dick busted Connor out of project Cadmus. Of course, up to this day you all loved him and would never dream of him going back to his past days. But then again you had been friends with him for six years.

Another day, another mission. Although this mission wasn't your every day one. The league was informed of a distress beacon being sent out from a mysterious warehouse in the midst of the Atlantic ocean on a uninhabitable island. A small team was sent to investigate, one which included you. Little did anyone know that this warehouse was one of cadmus's. Trouble was bound to follow.

In the midst of the silence hung the uncertainty everyone in the bioship were feeling. No one could blame them, after all. They were being sent into a mission they knew almost nothing about.  Just a deserted warehouse on a deserted island in the middle of the wide blue ocean. They had never been in this kind of situation and were almost afraid. Though no one was going to admit that.

"Landed," Aqualad announced  from the front of the bio ship, "everyone out." And so everyone did. Soon, you, Superboy, Aqualad, Batgirl, Impulse, and Blue Beetle were standing on the warm, beautiful beach at the base of the small island.

You took in a deep breath, smiling, even in the condition you were in. The beach reminded you of the one at the cave. For some reason, you felt as though you would be seeing that scene for a while. But it was just that. A feeling.

"Alright we must keep moving," Kaldur said as he began to walk into the green forest, "Batgirl, what's the coordinates again?" So, the group began to move, towards the place where the distress beacon was sent.

You and connor were positioned at the rear, alert for anything suspicious.

He financed at you for a split second, "You afraid?"

You gulped, "No. Why would I be? I have a- all you guys. And the bio ship. And we can radio back if anything goes wrong."

Connor sighed, as if not wanting that answer, "Yea I guess..."

After that, it was quiet. Too quiet. For a forest. Usually, there would be bird noises, or leaves rustling from the common animal. But not here. It was like all the animals have been stripped clean, and what replaced it was a blanket of silence.

This was very unusual and just set the mood even creepier. And what made it even worse was that the farther you all walked, the darker it got. Perhaps the island wasn't as small as Batman explained.

"Are we there yet?" Impulse complained impatiently (which I suppose would make sense) from the middle of the group.

"No," Aqualad relied bluntly.

"Hmph. Why can't I just run in there, grab the one in trouble and come back? Why would be back to the cave in time for tomorrow's lunch. I'm pretty sure M'gann's cooking."

"Because we don't know what's there, Bart. For all we know it could be a trap." Batgirl said.

"Dios mío, then why on earth are we going?" BB asked.