Chapter 26 Are we Good?

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry I made you lie to them." Killian said.

"Its okay.." I said and stood up. "I better go. Lunch is almost over and I don't want to mess up anymore than I already have." I said. "See you later." I added and left the classroom.

Killian POV

There was a really odd tension between Ruby and Kassidy in class, normally I couldn't get the two of them to stop talking but they didn't speak to each other at All and Ruby glared at me the whole time. Kassidy wouldn't even look at me. She was really beating herself up over the whole situation. It was a mistake, and I wished I could make her understand that I wasn't upset with her. The world was just not giving her a break lately. When the bell rang, Kassidy stood.

"Miss Cole can you stay for just a minute? Miss Lucas you too." I said. Ruby rolled her eyes. I waited until everyone else left. Ruby put her work sheet on my desk.

"I didn't finish mine." Kassidy said.

"That's okay, I'm sure you'll still get an A." Ruby said.

"Jesus Ruby what kind of person do you think I am!" Kassidy spat. "He doesn't just give me As just because I'm his girlfriend.."

"Shes right. I don't. Whatever Grade Kassidy gets she gets on her own." I said, Ruby's comment bothered me, but not as much as it did Kassidy she was really hurt by what Ruby had said.

"That was a little uncalled for Miss Lucas." I said.

"Sorry." She muttered. "This is just weird." She said.

"I know its weird, but If you are going to be angry with anyone, be angry with me. Not Kassidy. I asked her to lie to you."

"Oh. I am angry with you. You're over here like 40 something, using detention as an excuse to get freaky with my best friend!"

40?? What the hell Ruby??

"Ruby, I'm 24." I said.

"And its not even like that Ruby.." Kassidy said. "We haven't done anything we have been waiting." She added.

"So...you aren't sleeping with him?" She asked.

"No...Not yet." Kassidy said. "We are waiting until I'm 18  So,if anyone found out, We wouldn't have done anything Illegal."

"Well.. I guess that's smart..ish but this is still not the greatest idea Kassidy. Hes a teacher. if anyone else found out it would ruin his career. He'd never be able to teach again."

"I know." Kassidy said. "Which is why we had been very careful until I fucked up and forgot to lock the door earlier."

"It was a mistake Kassidy.." I said.

"Is this why you wanted the Winter Formal to be a Masquerade ball? So you could go with him?" Ruby asked.

"Yeah." Kassidy said. Ruby sighed.

"Its still weird and I still don't know how I feel about this... But, that is clever and only a little cute." She said.

Kassidy smiled.

"So we are good?" She asked.

"He makes you happy?" Ruby asked. "You are sure this is what you want?"

"Yes, Ruby. I'm sure." Kassidy said.

"Yeah. We're good." Ruby said and smiled. Kassidy hugged her.

"Thank God. You being mad at me was the worst!" She said.

"I know. I'm sorry." Ruby said. "But you still have to tell Emma and Belle. Tonight." She said.