chapter 40

Nobody To Love - Sigma

Dedicated to:  CameliaDarknight

"I won! I won!" Ren jumps up and down, yelling

"I won! I won!" Ren jumps up and down, yelling. "Take that Cora."

I raise an eyebrow as Cora just sticks her tongue out at her, flipping her off. Jess's eyes dart between the two of them and then she turns to me and gives me an 'are they serious?' look.

I nod my head in embarrassment as I watch my two best friends now bicker about who's better at bowling. If I had known they would be so competitive, I would never have agreed to it.

"Guys, guys!" I call out to them. "Calm down, it was just a game. It didn't mean anything."

They both roll their eyes at me and give me a pointed look. What did I do now?

"Anna, this wasn't just any game," Cora starts. "This game was proving who is better at bowling. Which clearly wasn't Ren."

Ren gasps in shock, placing a hand over her heart. Always the drama queen. "Excuse me? Did you not see my win? I beat you fair and square."

Cora snorts. "Fair and square my ass. You cheated."

Ren shakes her head. "I so did not. Anyways, how can you cheat at bowling?"

Cora glowers at her. "You distracted me every time it was my turn. I lost because you made me lose!"

"I so did no—

I intercept them before they have a full—on catfight. As funny as it is to see them wrestle each other, I don't think the employees here would appreciate it.

"Right, shut it the both of you. You're both good at bowling, okay? Now calm down and makeup." I tell the both of them. Both of them are being childish right now; to prove my point, they both give each other a nasty look and look away, tilting their heads the opposite way. I huff, mentally rolling my eyes at their behavior. "Now!"

Fifteen minutes later, we head back over to the rest of the group. It took me ages to get Cora and Ren to talk to each other. They're both very stubborn people, not to add how competitive they are. They both have to be the winners or better at everything. Its so stupid—and I always have to be the one to get them to make up.

I walk over to Xavier who immediately wraps his strong arm around my waist. I snuggle into him, enjoying the electricity between us. I don't think I will ever get used to the sparks.

"You're like a peacekeeper," Xavier mutters into my ear, his hot minty breath fanning my ear. Shivers shoot down my spine at the sensation and I have to bite my lip from doing anything that will humiliate me.

"Not really," I shrug. "I'm just the one who has to stop them from releasing their claws."

"Their kitty claws." He chuckles into my ear, tightening his grip around my waist.