Prologue: HER (part I)

Depuis le début

    I needed someone to talk to because clearly I can’t talk to my husband. My girlfriends are busy with their family life. To be honest, I’m happy for my friends but I’m also jealous of what they have. There was one person who could probably help me, Logan. After the incident with my husband I went to see Logan. I had to talk to someone and since Logan was also going through a divorce I thought he could help. Logan is Chris' partner at the law firm and a good friend of ours. Chris would have never met Logan if it wasn’t for me. I wouldn’t have met Logan if he wasn’t dating Tonya, who was one of my good friends once upon a time.

    “Hey what up,” Logan said as he opened the door.

    I step into his home. I use to love this house but now I could hear myself echo. There were boxes lining every wall. It used to be a beautiful home, furnished with the last styles. I think Tonya should have been a decorator instead of a cop. But now the house just felt empty.

    “So you’re really leaving this house?” I asked him as he led me to what use to be the living room but now only had a love seat and boxes in it.

    “I brought this house for me and my wife now it’s just me. I don’t see a need for the house anymore.”

    I could see where he was coming from. This house probably had a lot of memories and it was time to let go of those memories that the house brought. Plus Tonya had sex with other men in this house. I wouldn’t want to keep the house either.

    “How is the divorce going?”

    “We've been separated for a year and a half so the divorce should be finalized soon. Now I’m looking for a new place to live. I can’t believe this is what it came to. I’ve been with Tonya since high school. You were there to witness our love grow. She’s the first and only girl I think I’ll ever love.”

    Logan and Tonya were supposed to grow older together. Those two have known each other since 9th grade. We all admired their love and wanted a love like there’s. They lost their virginity to each other. I never would have guessed they would have ended like this. I never thought they would end unless one of them died. They were like Prince Charming and Snow White; Will and Jada; or Jasmine and Aladdin. What is going on? 

“Logan there are other girls out there for you,” I informed him.

I really truly hoped he could find someone else. Someone who would not dog him out like Tonya did. I hope he could get pass the hurt and pain Tonya caused him so he could find another girl.

“What brings you here?” He asked.

    “Last night Chris came home with lipstick on his collar and I smelled a girlie fragrance on him. You know Chris. I want to know is he cheating on me?”

    I probably had no right asking him that question because I knew about Tonya’s “other men”. I never once told Logan but here I was asking him to tell me something. It wasn’t fair but I had to ask. I had to know and I was pretty sure Logan would know. Chris has a couple of friends but Logan was the only one he trusted with his life. To be honest deep down I knew the answer to my question but I still wanted to be wrong.

    “You and Chris need to talk. You want to know the answers to your questions than ask him,” Logan informed me.

    I already knew he wouldn’t tell me what I wanted to know but I still had to try.

    “I’m thinking about divorcing Chris,” I informed him.

    Logan let out a breath then said, “It’s easier said than done.” I nodded. “I think you should think about it.”

    All I had been doing was thinking about it. Yesterday made it real for me. But, the thought of not seeing my husband every day made me cry. I broke down and started sobbing in Logan’s arms.

    “I know a couple of people so I’ll get the numbers for you,” Logan told me as we pulled away.

    Logan is my friend and Chris’s friend but he seems to balance the two relationships. He seems to be faithful to the both of us. He’s a great friend to us and I never once told him about his wife. Neither did Chris. We were wrong for that. I think my consequence for being a horrible friend to Logan was the death of my unborn child. If I would have stood behind Logan and not Tonya, I’m sure my daughter would be alive. I knew Tonya was wrong for what she was doing but I felt a since of obligation to her so I couldn’t tell her husband about her infidelity.

    “I know I’ve apologized numerous times for keeping what Tonya was doing a secret from you and all you have ever been is a good friend. I think my punishment for that was losing Renee and I am deeply sorry for not being the friend I should have been to you.” I informed Logan.

    “What happened to Renee was a tragedy and I am sorry for your lose but I understand you were trying to be a friend to both of us and I don’t hate you for it. I did hate you for it but I’m over it. I forgive you for the 100th time.”

    “Thank you,” I said and before I knew it my lips where touching his but before we could get started Logan pulled away.