t h e y

Mikeys pov.

I wake up but I keep my eyes closed. I'm trying to focus on the whispers I hear.

Is it Brook?

"I don't know what to do it feels like everything is stuck"

"Yeah"

Maybe he's on the phone since I can't hear anyone else responding. I should probably speak up to let him know I'm up.

"Brook?"

He goes silent.

"Brook, I'm awake do you need to talk?"
I open my eyes when there's no response. My old Bed creaks and he sits up and looks at me.
It's dark yet I still make out the slight puffiness and redness in his eyes.
He nods and I slowly pull ryes hand off my waist and he turns over so I stand up and get off the bed and we walk out into the hall.

I take time to close the door silently and when I turn around he's sitting on the steps crying into his hands.
I walk over. I put my hand on his shoulder and straight away he turns and gives me a massive hug while sobbing. I just hug him back to let him know I'm here and he can talk.

He pulls back and wipes his eyes, takes a deep breath and looks at me.

"I think I'm in love with someone who'd never feel the same"

His expression turns from sad to nothing. His voice is monotone and he seems to have lost everything keeping him human.

"Tell me about it" I say quietly and I wait.

He clears his throat and starts.

"I met this person ages ago. We became friends really fast. We get along incredibly well and always have. Slowly I started catching feelings. Noticing how everything they did just made me think so many things and I realised the English language doesn't even have enough words to describe this person. They kissed me but it was a cheek kiss just to be friendly but I wanted it to be more and I don't think they did. I'm stuck In a position now where I think I've fallen in love with them and I can't stop it now. I see them all the time too so it's not easy"

He sees them all the time? Who could this even be? Most of the time we don't even leave the house.

"Maybe tour will help you. Just to get away from them for a couple weeks and give yourself a break"

His eyes tear up again.

"Mikey. I promise tour is not going to help. It might make it worse"

He's fidgeting now. Messing with his fingers and scratching his arms and all around trying to be distracted.

I just nod and he talks again.

"What do you do if you love someone and they don't feel the same?"

I look to my hands.

"You wait. Give it time. If you don't want to tell them then you're gonna have to wait for them to tell you"

"And if they don't say anything?"

I look at him and I feel the sadness take over my body.

"I've never had that. I can't help there"

He hugs me again. Tighter than last time.

"Why don't you tell me what you like about them. Maybe if you think of it in a nice light it might help?"

He nods and pulls back.

"They're beautiful but not the standard beauty, like when you pass someone in the street and think "wow" it's more like shocking. They're so beautiful you are shocked yeah"