Where did you get that from?

Mikey's pov

Once I fully catch my breath and am attempting to wipe away my tears someone taps my back and I jump around to see who it is.

"Oh! I'm sorry to scared you sir! I just saw you upset and thought maybe you might need someone?"

A woman, about in her 40's came and offered me the thing I've always wanted. I never talk to strangers but my answer came out before I even thought about that.

"Can you spare 2 minutes of your time?"
I whisper.

"Yes of course honey, sit down"
She sits me on the part bench just seconds from where I was.

"Well you're a stranger so I guess you aren't gonna tell anyone what I tell you"

She nods and rubs my back while I just sit and attempt to wipe my face but I'm still not done crying.

"I came out to my best friend today. I think"

I look at her and she nods to continue.

"You're already a lot more supportive. When I say I think I came out. I didn't.  I think he found out and what's worrying is I like him. If he doesn't accept me then he definitely doesn't feel the same back so every time he holds my hand. It's fake. The kisses? Fake.
It's really hard for me because I'm not fully ready to come out and now it made me want to not do at all. Maybe I could pretend to be straight?"

"Honey don't put yourself through that. So many people do and you'd be surprised to know who is. I happen to also be gay so I understand the troubles in coming out. You have to do it when you are ready and if the guy you like doesn't support you there is so many other people that will"
She smiles at me.
And I smile back. Genuinely.

"You're so nice to me and you don't even know my name"
I hug her

"Can we be friends? I'd love to know how this ends?" She smiles

I laugh and give her my number.

"Well I'm going to sort this out once and for all, find out how he found out because I told one other person my sexuality so I want to see did he tell him. Message me later and I'll get back to you. Thank you so much"
I hug her once more and we say our goodbyes and I run down to the shop to meet Andy. I'm late but I'm going.

I arrive and see
Andy on his phone turned the other way. I walk closer to see what he is saying.

"Rye? You're crazy and making up all of these things. I have no idea where you came up with that story. You know mikey and I why say that"

I clear my throats to allow him to know I'm here"

He hangs up the phone and runs right at me and gives me a hug as nice as the woman from earlier who I still can't believe I talked to and that she was gay and knew the struggles.

"Mikey what happened?!"

I explain the whole thing through.

"I told him nothing and he called screaming at me"

"About what?"

"He says he thinks when we go for a walk we do something else. I asked what he's talking about and he threw some mad things at me. He said we do drugs? We talk bad about them and that's why we are so closed off"

"What?! That's ridiculous and so childish"

"I know. Mikey he doesn't know anything about our talks but now, even though it probably doesn't feel it, now is the right time to share it all. If you are ready"
He puts his hand on my shoulder as he waits for my answer.