Change

Mikeys pov.

Andy comes straight into the room and throws his arms around both of us.
"I'm so sorry"
I hug back and Rye tries but pulls away because of his hand so andy wraps around me and all of a sudden I just burst into tears.

"It's okay, it's alright. We can fix this"

"I don't know if I want it fixed" I whisper and he stiffens and pulls away.

"What do you mean?"
I look at Rye and he picks up my hand.

I look back to Andy and explain.

"We love the band. Of course we love the band. Our issue is blair. He doesn't like the idea of us being together and literally goes as far as to call Rye out about his sexuality. I'm not okay with that. If we fix what's been broken so many times it's gonna crack somewhere else. I'm scared it will ruin our friendships. I love all you boys and I want to stay together as a band but I can't do it with him. I can't be myself around him. How am I supposed to get rid of my depression if everyday is a living hell.
I just want to be happy"
I look back to andy. His eyes have tears in them. I look to rye and the same. I glance at the door to bedroom and jack and brook and leaning against it. Tears running down the cheeks and hitting their hoodies.

"He's right" andy whispers and I turn my attention towards him.

"You're right. It always feels like we are scared of him" brook hums in agreement.

"There's only one way around it" jack says and Andy looks at him and sits up and looks at us all.

"We need to find a new manager"

I stand up as does rye.

"Wait really?!" I say.
"I thought you were gonna tell us to leave the band" Rye says and Andy pulls us both in for a hug and brook and jack wrap around us.

"Our band is strong. We are strong. We can get around this. I guess, We do this tour and start finding new a manager now. We already have a following with us. Someone will grab that chance"

It's settled. We are moving management. This is amazing and so much better than us breaking up.

We pull apart and Andy looks at us all.

"Im not letting this band go down without a fight. Our boat might have some holes but we can stay afloat. Rye and Mikey look for a new apartment for us all to live. Brook, Jack and I will track down managers" we all nod and sit down on the beds to do our job. Yet Andy stands biting his nails and then faces towards me.

"Mikey, Rye. Can I maybe speak to you in the Hall for a second?" He looks worried.

"Of course" I sit up and ryes hand slides off my arm as I follow him outside, rye beside me and he closes he door behind me.

Andy turns to us and crosses his arms.

"Don't be afraid to say no to this okay?"

I nod and he carries on.

"I want to do all I can for this to work out But we can't let blair suspect a thing"

We nod once again.

"I was wondering if maybe You'd be comfortable pretending to have broken up. Blair will think he got his way and it'll calm down"

I look to rye who looks to be thinking to himself.

I look back at andy to say something but rye speaks before me.

"So no hugging, kissing, sleeping in the same bed and we can't really make eye contact nor talk to each other"
His voice cracks mid sentence.

Andy leans forward a little and defends the point.

"Remember you can say no. It would just make this all go under his radar. We will all be on tour and living in a bus and hotel rooms. We will pretend Mikey is camping with me but then swap it before anyone falls asleep. We can work this out"

I look back at Rye and he looks like he's becoming a little more used to the idea.

"Okay"

I look back at Rye and he nods.

"Are you okay with this babe?" He says as he rubs my arm.

"Yea. As long as we get out of this after tour I'm ready"

"Great. Now go find the apartment"

I open the door to walk in and brook jumps up.
I just stare at him in confusion.

"What?"

"Nothing"

I shrug it off and walk over back to rye and I's laptops.
He sits beside me and wraps his arm around me as he scroll with the opposite hand.
Andy starts explaining the whole plan to brook and jack and we nod along.

"Let's find our new house" rye whispers to me as he kisses my forehead and I smile.

Change is happening!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Thank you to anyone reading and supporting my book I'm so happy you're liking it! The comments people leave make me so excited to write more. I'll see you all in the new year, have a good one! X - Kady❤️