Me:

Wonderful.

"Everything okay?" Killian asked. I put my phone down and nodded.

"Yeah." I said. "He said to just stay the night and that there's nothing he can do about Dylan unless he attacks me again." I said and sighed.

"It wont come to that." Killian said and put his arm around me.

"Hopefully not." I said and gave an unsure smile.

"So you are staying the night then?" He asked. I nodded.

"Unless you'd rather I just go to Ruby's." I said.

"Not at all. You're staying here." He said and pressed his lips to mine. My lips curved into a smile under his.

"I was hoping you'd say that." I said.

"I can sleep out here, if you want my bed." Killian said.

"Or, we can just share the bed." I said and shrugged.

He smirked. "Do you really think that is wise?" He asked.

"Wise? Probably not. But I promise I will keep my hands to myself." I said and raised my hands and wiggled my fingers at him. He laughed.

"I don't know if its your hands that are the problem." He said. I felt my face get hot. My heart beat quickened.

Damnit Jones. I thought. I stood from the couch.

"I'm going to go take a shower and get ready for bed." I said and ran to the bathroom before I started something we weren't going to be able to stop.

Killian POV

I was in the middle of getting the bed ready when Kassidy walked into the room with a towel wrapped around her.

"Oh!" She said. "I didn't know you were in here." She added and walked to the dresser and opened it pulling out some clothes and running back to the bathroom to put them on. When she returned, She had on a pair of short, shorts and a spaghetti strap top. I found myself unable to take my eyes off her legs.

"You are aware, that its November. Right?" I asked.

"I'm a hot sleeper." She replied.

You're a hot something, that's for sure. I thought and then shook my head.

"You alright there, Killian?" She asked.

"Yes." I replied. "So, everything is ready in here. I'll be on the couch if you need anything." I said.

"I really don't mind if you share the bed with me." She said.

"I know. I just want to make sure we stick to our waiting rule." I said. She was making it damn near impossible at the moment.

"Okay." She said. She looked disappointed but shrugged it off. "You're right." She said and walked over to me and stood on her tip toes to give me a kiss.

"Goodnight." She said.

"Goodnight." I replied and smiled.

I walked out to the couch and laid down, pulling the throw blanket over me. I couldn't get Kassidy off of my mind. Was she okay? Was she comfortable? I sighed heavily trying to convince myself that all was good so I could get some sleep. There was no telling what tomorrow would bring, with Dylan threatening to show his face at school, I was more nervous about that then I let on. But I didn't want to tell Kassidy. What if he figured out there was more to Kassidy and I? But most importantly what if he hurt her again? I didn't care what happened to me, but Her.. if he hurt her again, I'd kill him. If he so much as looked at her the wrong way, I'd kill him. I didn't understand why he was so compelled to hurt her, why He didn't understand that she wanted nothing to do with him. I wished he would just disappear.

I didn't remember falling asleep, but I was woken suddenly by a scream. I jumped off the couch and ran down the hall to the bedroom and flipped on the light. Kassidy was sitting up in bed with her right hand over her left shoulder. She was trying to catch her breath and she was crying. I rushed to her side.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nightmare." She panted and wiped tears from her eyes.

"Dylan?" I asked. She shook her head and threw the blanket off of her and swung her legs around to the side of the bed and stood she walked over to her duffle bag and pulled out a small bottle of Tylenol.

"I'll get you some water." I said.

"Okay." She said. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a glass and filled it with water and brought it back to her. She opened the Tylenol  and put a couple in her hand, popped them in her mouth and took the water from me and drank some of it, swallowing the pills.

"What was the dream about?" I asked. She sat on the bed and rotated her left shoulder, It was only then that I noticed a long scar along her collar bone on he left side.

"Did I ever tell you how I lost my mother?" She asked looking up at me.

"No. you haven't." I said and sat down next to her.

"It was a couple days after Christmas last year. Dad was working and mom and I wanted to go to the movies. I don't even remember what movie we saw. But I remember it made us laugh. After the movie, we went to have a late dinner, It was kind of our thing. We'd go see a movie and then go have breakfast for dinner at Ihop." She said and smiled. 

"It was around midnight when we left and everything was normal. We were making our way home and that's when it gets a little fuzzy for me. I remember Bright lights, and then all of a sudden we were crashed into. I know the car flipped a couple of times and I remember being in a lot of pain. The car that collided with us, Hit us on the drivers side. My mom was killed instantly. The doctors at the hospital told me anyways, As if it was supposed to make me feel better that my mom was dead. She wasn't coming back and I was never going to see her again." She said her voice broke as she told the story and tears fell down her cheeks.

 "They all told me that I was lucky, I made it out with only a broken collarbone. But I didn't feel that way and for the longest time, I wished that I would have died too. They told us, that the man who was driving the car that hit ours, was intoxicated and I had never hated anyone like I hated that man. Like I still hate that man for taking my mother from me." She said. I pulled her close to me and we sat in silence for a little while, while she cried.

"I'm so sorry, Kassidy." I said. She didn't respond. I didn't expect her to it was a lot for her to unload, and She had held onto it for so long.

"I need to get back to sleep." She said after a while and yawned.

"Me too." I said and looked at the clock it was just after 2. I stood up but she grabbed my hand.

"Please just stay with me." She said. I nodded.

"Of course." I said. She crawled back into bed and I walked around to the other side and pulled the covers back and climbed in. She scooted over to me and laid her head on my chest. I ran my fingers through her hair and waited until I knew she was okay, and she was asleep before I let myself drift off.