one

"something is coming

"something is coming. something hungry for blood. a shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness." mike says as the boys as i look at him. "it is almost here"

"what is it?" will asks, his eyes wide and a curious smile plastered on his face

"what if it's the demogorgon?" dustin asks. "oh, jesus, we're so screwed if it's the demogorgon."

"it's not the demogorgon!" lucas assures him, rolling his eyes.

"calm down, dustin." i furrow my eyebrows.

"an army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" mike says. he slams the piece onto the board.

"troglodytes?" dustin chuckles.

"told ya!" lucas taunts him a little.

we all laugh but i noticed mike had a serious look on his face. "wait a minute" he says, softly. "did you hear that? that-that sound?"

we look around the basement but we don't hear or see anything.

"boom....boom...boom!" he slams his hands onto the table and we all jump.

"that didn't come from the troglodytes. no, that- that came from something else"

we all stare at him, waiting to see what would happen next.

"the demogorgon!!" he slams the piece onto the table and we all groan.

"we're in deep shit." dustin complains.

"will, your action!" mike yells.

"i don't know!" will says frantically.

"fireball him!" i put my hand out towards the board.

"i'd have to roll a 13 or higher!"

"too risky. cast a protection spell" dustin shakes his head.

"don't be a pussy, fireball him!" lucas yells.

"cast protection!" dustin tries to yell over lucas and i but mike raises his voice.

"the demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! it stomps towards you! boom!"

"fireball his ass!" i yell.

"another stomp, boom!"

"cast protection!"