Chapter 11 Confused

Start from the beginning

"Good." Mr. Cole said. "I'm glad it was you and not me. I'd have killed him."

I wanted to. I still do. Please, let me. I thought to myself but just nodded.

I didn't want to leave, but I knew that I had to before things got incredible awkward I looked at Kassidy.

"Don't worry about your homework Miss Cole. I'll see you at school when you return." I said. "Just rest well." I said. She smiled and nodded at me. I turned and left the hospital.

Kassidy POV

I wanted Killian to stay but understood why he left. I sat up and winced at the sharp pain in my head.

"Easy.." My Dad said and sat down in the chair next to the bed.

"I'm okay, Dad." I said.

"No you aren't Kassidy." He said. "You are lucky that Mr. Jones showed up. Why didn't you tell me what was going on?!" He asked. he was angry. I understood.

"Was Dylan always this way?" He asked.

"Not always. Just.. sometimes when he got mad." I said.

"I invited that kid to our home. He ate dinner with us."

"I know." I said and glanced away.

"Why didn't you tell me what happened?"

"Because I didn't want to talk about it. I was embarrassed." I said.

"I don't care that you were embarrassed. That Son of a bitch Hit you!" He said.

"I know Dad!" I yelled and then held my head. My Dads phone rang and he answered it.

"What do you have?" He asked. "Good. No..Keep him at the station. I want a word with him." He said and hung up. "They found Dylan. Hes in police custody."

"What is going to happen now?" I asked.

"What do you want to happen?" Dad asked.

"I want it to all just go away. I want him to go back to New York. I don't ever want to see his face again." I said.

"If I press charges you will have to see him in court." Dad said.

"Then don't.. Just make him leave." I said.

"Kassidy I'm not just going to let him off the hook, Look at what he did to you!" He said and took the little decorative mirror off the wall and handed it to me. I looked at my face nearly the whole left side of my face was swollen, both my lip, and a cut beside my eye were bleeding. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I handed my Dad back the mirror.

"Please.. I just don't want to see him again." I begged.

"I'll see what I can do." My dad said. I know he wanted Justice, but I just wanted it to all disappear.

I sat in my bed at home that night. It was safe for me to sleep a couple hours ago but I just couldn't. I was scared. Every time I closed my eyes Dylan's stupid face was there. Dad was keeping me home from school tomorrow he was even staying home with me. but I really just wanted to go and see Killian. He made me feel better. He made me feel safe. Apparently my Dad had scared Dylan so badly that he cried for his parents. He said that Dylan wasn't going to bother me anymore, but I couldn't shake the feeling that he was wrong. My phone screen lit up on the night stand and I picked it up and looked at it. My heart skipped at beat.

One new facebook Message from Killian Jones.

Killian:

Sorry, I know its late and you are probably sleeping. I just want to know how you are doing.

I smiled and typed back to him.

Me:

I'm okay. my head hurts a little but other than that I'm fine.

Killian:

I didn't think you would be awake. I didn't wake you did I?

Me:

No. I couldn't sleep.

Killian:

Why not? you must be exhausted.

Me:

Not really. I'm fine.

Killian:

Why do I have a hard time believing that?

Me:

Youre getting pretty good at calling my bluff, Jones.

Killian:

Are you going to tell me what's up?

Me:

No. I thought us messaging each other on facebook was inappropriate.

Killian:

You're still upset about that?

Me:

Well..yeah. It hurt my feelings. You could have at least told me, before you just blocked me.

Killian:

I'm sorry.

Me:

Yeah. I know.. I think I'm going to try and get some sleep. Goodnight.

Killian:

Goodnight Kassidy. See you Wednesday?

Me:

Yeah. I'll be there.

I put my phone beside me and laid back down and stared at the celing for the rest of the night even more confused than I was before.