Chapter 33

Again, I'm sorry it's a super late upload. Hopefully you guys like this chapter. I have something new for this chapter, I'm not gonna to this all the time, but if you listen to music when you read, listen to Keep Me In Mind by The Zac Brown Band for this chapter. It goes a along with this chapter. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy! Love you :*

Mel's POV

We pulled into my driveway and I got out and unlocked my front door, Jack followed behind. I motioned for him to sit on the couch and I sat down next to him.

I inhaled deeply squeezed eyes shut, trying to decide where to start. I decided to start with the beginning. After I had collected my thoughts, I opened my eyes to see him anxiously watching me.

"On the first day we met, when you jump started my friends car, I had a boyfriend. When I got home that day, he flipped out because I put your number in my phone. I told him he couldn't control who I talked to and who I was friends with and he got mad, so I walked out," I paused and looked up from my hands to meet Jack's gaze. He look like he felt guilty

"It's not your fault. He was being overprotective. Anyways, I liked you and since Sam and I were no longer together I texted you and I really thought I was over Sam, especially since he had moved on, I didn't feel bad for getting with someone right away," I explained, picking at the hem of my skirt.

"But in the back of my mind I was still in shock because I thought we had it all. When we kissed there were sparks and everything. I tried to push the thoughts out of my mind, but when we were at the movies he texted me. He wanted to get back together. I stopped texting him, but it made my mind wonder again," I took a deep breath and looked at Jack. I could see the worry in his eyes.

"I thought I loved Sam, but I also have a big crush on you. So, I needed to see if we had the sparks too. But we didn't," I finished with a tear rolling down my cheek, "But I wanted us to so bad."

Jack scooted towards me and wrapped his arms around me, placing a kiss on top of my head. I stopped crying and he let me go, tilting my chin up. "Just for good measure," he said as he pressed his lips to mine.

I kissed back desperately, hoping for a spark. Jack pulled away and his eyes were full of despair. I leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek.

"If you can stand to be around me after this whole fiasco, I would love to keep you around as a friend. And I mean it. I understand if you need space for a while though. You're so sweet, I wish it worked," I said smiling at him.

"I'd like that, but just promise me one thing," he said, chewing on his lip as he paused. "Anything," I assured him. "Promise me that you'll keep me in mind if you two don't work out," he asked locking gazes with me. "I promise, Jack," I replied, pulling him in for a hug.

"I'll see you around," he said standing up. "Yeah," I stood up to walk him to the door, "Text me when your ready." "I will," he said giving me a final peck on the lips.

Jane's POV

We got to my house and watched tv, waiting for Jack and Mel to show up. I glanced over at Jack. He's cute. After a while we figured that the other two weren't gonna show.

"Wanna go ice skating?" Jack asked randomly. "Sure," I agreed, "Let me change out of this skirt though."

I ran upstairs and threw on some dark skinny jeans and a thin white, scoop neck t-shirt with a gold sequin pocket. I adjust my hair in the mirror and run downstairs.

*~*~*~*

Don't forget to comment and vote!