Chapter 5

Melanie's POV

I woke up with mascara smudged down to my cheeks and a tear stained pillow, still in yesterday's clothes, and a dead phone. Ugh! I plugged in my phone and hopped in the shower. This was a great start for my Monday....not! Once I had gotten out of the shower I threw on some teal shorts and a thin tan and teal tribal print sweater. I blow dried my hair and threw it up in a messy bun and proceeded to wack on some bb cream and mascara, adding a tad bit of pink blush to my otherwise lifeless complexion. My stomach was growling so I bounded down the stairs and grabbed an apple. Running back upstairs I threw on my tan Tom's, grabbed my backpack, and phone. I was off.

Once I had arrived at school I made my way to my locker to be met by the one and only Tom. "Listen, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you liked Sam-" he started. "SHHHH! The only thing you can do now is stay away so he doesn't get the wrong impression." I huffed. "Fine." Tom mumbled as he walked away shuffling his feet. I grabbed my books and headed towards homeroom just as the bell rang. I slid into my seat and was immediately greeted by a tap on the shoulder. It was Kian.

"You and Tom? Why'd you lie to me?" he interrogated me. "No, it's not true. He kissed me I didn't kiss back. I don't like him. How'd you find out?" it was my turn to ask him the questions. "Sam," he stated flatly. "Who else has he told?" I sighed. "No one else..." he answered right as the tardy bell rang. I turned around and the lesson began. Moments later I felt my phone vibrate against my leg. I stealthily read it and replied.

Kian: After school at my house, you, me, and Sam. YouTube :)

Me: Okay. Meet you there?

Kian: Nah, well wait for you at your locker after school :P

Me: Sounds like a plan :b

Luckily the day went by pretty fast. Soon enough school was over. I walked out of seventh period and over to my locker to be greeted my Sam and Kian as promised. "Heyyyyy," I beamed as I walked up tossing my books in my locker. Sam looked sad to me, but maybe I'm wrong. "So what's the plan, man?" I inquired, poking Kian in the ribs. "Well I thought Sam and I would make a video for girls week: Things guys don't understand about girls. I thought you could explain these things to our viewers and us," he poked me back. "I'm down for that," I smiled stealing Sam's hat. "I already have my first question!" Sam announced. "Write 'em down boys," I instructed, giggling.

Kian's house was really far away from the school. He normally boards back and forth, but I didn't have a board, so we walked. "I'm tiiired..." I whined, "How much further?" "Two blocks," Kian answered as he threw me over his shoulder. Man, he was tall. After about a block or so he turned me around and placed me on Sam's back. "Hey there," I smiled with my chin on his shoulder. "Hi," he said turning his head to look at me.

Sam's POV

Why was she so perfect. It's not fair! Ugh. With Melanie on my back and her chin on my shoulder I feel like the luckiest guy on the planet.... but we all know that's really Tom. He's the luckiest guy on the planet. I could've had her too... if only I had made my move sooner. I beat myself up over it all last night. I didn't get a wink of sleep. All I could think of is the fact that the best thing that had ever stepped foot into my life can't be mine. At least I still had her as a friend, but I knew that it would be tortured too. To be able to hug her but not kiss her, or to carry her around but not home. I wanted to be able to cuddle up to her next to the fireplace in the winter, as cheesy as that sounds. It just wasn't fair.

Sooner than I would've liked, we reached Kian's house and Mel jumped down. "Where do we wanna film?" I asked. "Poolside?" Kian proposed. "I like it!" Mel agreed. Kian went upstairs to grab the camera and I grabbed an Arizona out of the fridge. "Want anything?" I offered. "Nah, I'm fine," she skipped out of the kitchen as Kian walked outside. Everything was set up and we began.

"Okay, so the first thing I don't get about girls is why they take our stuff," I stated finally taking my hat back from Mel, "Prime example here. She took this earlier." "Hey! I have hat hair now!" she giggled smoothing down her hair, "Well, we normally just steal hats and hoodies. Hoodies, because their comfy and warm and smell good, and hats because they're fun to wear."  She was so adorable. Several questions later we were done. "I love you all, you're all beautiful, stay strong and never change," I smiled blowing a kiss at the camera. "Gimme that hat," Melanie laughed grabbing for my snap back. "Never!" I protested tickling her as she fell into the pool. Kian and I were doubled up in laughter when she emerged. "Look what you did Sam!" she laughed. I helped her up and told her to go in and shower to warm up. It was the start of fall so it had began cooling off in the evenings. Once she was in the shower I grabbed a towel and some of my clothes from the last time I spent the night and put them in the bathroom taking her wet clothes and putting them in the wash.

Mel's POV

When I got out of the shower I was greeted by a towel and what looked like Sam's clothes... which was weird because it was Kian's house. I walked down into the living room and hopped down into the living room plopping down between the two boys on the couch. "Wanna watch a movie?" Kian asked. "Well it's getting late... and it is a school night..." I started. "Come on loosen up. Your clothes are still in the wash anyways," Kian whined. "Okay... " I agreed, "What movie?" "How about a classic? Chucky?" Kian got up to put the movie in. "Nooooo," I pulled my knees up to my chest. "Don't worry, it's not even scary. If you do get scared I'm right here," Sam reminded me. "I guess I'll be alright," I mumbled snuggling up next to Sam.

Halfway through the movie and I had my face buried in Sam's chest. my legs across his lap, and my arms around his waist. He was chuckling, stoking my hair telling me I was alright. Yeah, I'm a wimp when it comes to scary movies. When the movie was finally over Kian had to pull me off Sam. I was shaking. "Why don't you just spend the night here and we'll take you by your house in the morning to get changed?" Kian offered, "I don't think you're gonna make it to the truck in the dark after that." I text my mom that I was staying over at a friend's and followed Kian upstairs as he lead me to the guest room. I hopped in bed and pulled up the covers. Shortly after Kian left, Sam walked in. "Tom doesn't mind you spending the night with two guys?" he asked. "Sam, I'm not dating Tom. I don't like him like that. He's like my brother. He knows that now," I explained. "Oh," Sam said as he hugged me goodnight, "Well, sweet dreams." "Sam," I called after him, "Don't leave me." He hopped on the bed and sat at the head of the bed. The last thing I remember before falling asleep is Sam running his fingers through my hair humming Little Things.

***Authors note

I have never seen Chucky so I don't even know how scary it is. lol Hope you like it so far :)