Chapter 4

Mel's POV

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. I threw the covers over my head and groaned. It was Sunday... over 36 hours until I got to spend time with Sam for sure. I pulled out my phone and logged into Twitter. I had a two new followers, Kian and Sam. I smiled and went to follow them back.

"MELANIEEEEE!" my mom hollered up the stairs. "COMING!" I responded as I bounced down the steps still in my pjs. "There's someone here to see you," she smiled as she pointed to the couch. It was Kian. I walked over and plopped down next to him. "Wassup?" I popped the "p".  "I need to talk to you about Sam," he started urgently. "What's wrong? Is he okay?" I worried. "He's fine... but.... my point is... Do you like Sam?" I sat there speechless. "Is that a yes..  Or no...  ," he pushed. Could I trust Kian? If I said no and Sam did like me then my chances would be ruined, but if I said yes and he didn't then I would look like a fool. I took a deep breath. "Yes," I whispered as I started playing with the fuzzies on my slippers. "I knew it!" he practically yelled. "Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, please!" I pleaded. "Fine, I won't," he agreed. "Well I better get going! Sam and I are doing a challenge video on YouTube," he announced as he stood up. "I'll see you around then," I smiled and I hugged him. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me," he assured he. "Thanks," I replied as I walked him out the door and waved him off.

I ran upstairs and hopped in the shower. Why did Kian drive all the way over to ask me that. Oi, guys are so confusing! When I got out of the shower I dried off and put my robe on. I wrapped my hair a towel and brushed my teeth. I put on some foundation, light eye makeup, mascara, light blush and lightly filled in my eyebrows. I went to my closet and picked out some dark bootcut jeans and a neon pink loose tank top. I added a long studded heart necklace and big diamond stud earrings. I put some sea salt spray in my hair and grabbed some brown sandals.

"I'm going to Jane's house!" I hollered towards my mom as I ran down the stairs. I strapped on my rollerblades and took off towards Jane's house. Once I got there I sat down on her bench and switched over to my sandals. I knocked on the door and was greeted my her brother Tom. He was cute, but oddly enough I wasn't attracted to him. He was more of a brother figure to me. He let me in and I ran to Jane's room. I barged into her room and jumped on her trying to wake her up. "JAAAANE! WAKE UP! ITS NOON!" I shouted. "I'M UP! I'm up!" she popped up pushing me off her. I pulled her out of bed and pushed her towards the shower. "We're going to the mall, get clean," I told her as I turned on the shower.

I left her to do her thing and walked over to her closet picking out some hot pink shorts and a white v-neck. I grabbed her white converse and tossed them beside he bed. She came into her bedroom wrapped in a towel. I went into her bathroom to grab her makeup while she got dressed. She followed me in shortly and I blow dried her hair and curled it. I proceeded to apply foundation and curl her eyelashes. I dusted some shimmer on her eyelids and cheekbones and added mascara. I grabbed a cute little heart necklace and some little diamond studs to match and we were done. Jane wasn't into make up and dressing up, but she didn't care if I did it to her. She just didn't want to do it herself.

"Tom, we're going to the mall!" Jane yelled as she unplugged her phone. "Wait! I wanna come too," Tom yelled back as he walked in. "Really? Ok, whatever, fine. Let's go" Jane gave in. "I'll drive us," he volunteered.

Once we got to the mall we ditched Tom shortly with a trip into Victoria's Secret. We didn't plan on buying anything, we just needed to talk. "So, you know how I'm tutoring Sam Pottorff, right?" I began. "Yeah," she motioned for me to continue. "Well, I think I'm falling for him, hard," I admitted. "Big shocker," Jane sarcastically replied. "What's that supposed to mean?" I playfully smacked her. "He's popular and cute, it's simple math," she replied with a flip of her hair, "Have you told him yet?" "No! Are you forgetting who I am? Of course not!" I looked at her like she was a lunatic. "Come on, man up, you guys will never have a chance if you don't admit your feelings," she reminded me. "Well, maybe I'll tell him on Wednesday when I tutor him," I settled. "Good!" Jane said hugging me. "Let's go, I feel self conscious in here," I cringed and I walked towards the door with Jane following along. We laughed.

"I need to go to the bathroom," Jane announced after a few more shops. Tom and I waited outside the bathrooms for her. Tom had begun talking to me, and I was catching glimpses of Sam over his shoulder. Right when Sam saw me, I felt lips touching mine. I was shocked, Sam ran off. I pulled away. "I love you Melly," Tom said as I backed up. "I'm sorry, but I can't," I said facing the ground as I briskly walked away. What shocked me the most about the whole thing was Sam's reaction. Why did he care so much? I was just his tutor. At most, his friend. My phone vibrated. I had two messages. I ignored Tom's and opened Jane's.

Jane: Where are you? Tom told me what happened. Are you okay? Why did you run off?

Me: Sam saw it!!! :'(

Sam's POV

I couldn't believe it. Why was she kissing him? Kian said she liked me. What kind of sick and twisted game was this? I ran and ran, all the way home. I locked my self in my room and cried. I cried until I fell asleep. Why? Why did the girl of my dreams have to be so far out of my reach?