Chapter 8

Mel's POV

I can't believe it. Sam Pottorff likes ME. Oh boy! I sat there lovestruck. A moment passed and I realized I hadn't responded. Oops.... "I like you too Sam....a lot," I blushed.

Sam's POV

She just sat there. I bet she's trying to find a nice way to say she doesn't like me.... "I like you too Sam..... a lot," she blushed. She was so adorable when she blushed. I grinned from ear to ear. "That's great! I was so worried you wouldn't like me that way," I felt my ears heat up. "That's impossible!" she laughed. "Do you wanna go get some ice cream? We can finish the math up later," I offered. "That sounds fantastic," she said as we made our way to my door. "Can we skate there?" she asked, "I need practice." "Let's get you a board," I grabbed her hand as I led her to the garage. She grabbed the same one as last time and we were off. She was wobbly at first but she was doing pretty good for a beginner.

Once we had arrived at the ice cream parlor we grabbed our boards and headed inside. She ordered a single scoop of mint and chip in a cone and I ordered a double scoop of cookie dough in a cone. We made our way outside to one of the tables.

"Let's play 21 questions," she cheered as we ate our ice cream. "Okay, you first," I agreed. "Favorite color?" she asked. "Dark blue," i replied, "Favorite food?" "Lasagna or spaghetti..." she licked he lips at the thought, "Favorite tv show?" "The Nanny," I smiled, "Why are you so perfect?" "That's not even close to being true," she protested, " my fingers are chubby, my nails are terrible, I have all these freckles, I'm nowhere near the size of a model" She kept listing. "Exactly, why are you so perfect?" I interrupted, "All of those things make you cute and adorable and perfect... to me."

Mel's POV

I blushed. He was just too much. I laughed, "If you say so..." "I do say so," he smiled grabbing my hand.

After we finished our ice cream we skated over to the park to hang out for a bit. As soon as we got their I ran over to the swings. Sam followed close behind and we swung super high. "I dare you to sit in the baby swing and let me push you!" Sam grinned. "I'm down for that," I smiled mischievously. I jumped off my current swing and climbed into the baby swing next to it. My feet didn't even touch the ground. Sam came up behind me and started pushing me really high.

"Ahhhhhh too high!" I screamed frantically. He began laughing as he slowed down the swing. As soon as it stopped it tried climbing out of the swing. "Uhhhh, Sam..." I started. "What?" he asked. "Well, ya see here, I can't get out...  I'm stuck.... a little help?" I giggled. He got off of his swing and took his time coming over. "Wait! Before I help my damsel in distress, I need a picture," he smiled taking out his phone.

"Who said I was your damsel?" I joked. "Oh if you wanna stay there...." he trailed off while walking away. "Come back!!!!" I yelled. "Only if you you say you're mine?" he taunted. "Is that you're way of asking me to be yours?" I giggled. "Maybe," his cheeks got pinker. "Wellllllll...... judging by my current situation..... I guess I'll say yes...." I sighed. "So does that make us like.... a couple....?" he figeted. "Only if you want it to?" I smiled. "Well I do," he exhaled. "Then make it official...." I laughed. "Will you be my girlfriend, Mel?" "Only if you help me out of the swing," I laughed yet again. "Deal!" he said shaking my hand. He lifted me out with ease and placed me on the ground. "I thought you were stuck?" he joked. "I was!" I said kissing him on the cheek.

Sam's POV

"We should probably head back to my house," I said grabbing Mel's hand. I was glad that she was finally mine. I no longer had to worry about another guys snatching her up. I had her all to myself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*** Well to be honest I forgot about uploading until like 10 but I still got it up today! :) Sorry it was short but I hope y'all like it. I'm so excited! I got a new vote today and I have 69 reads! :D