Chapter 24

***Hey guys! I hope y'all enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

They put Sam on a stretcher and loaded him up in the back of the ambulance where they continued to try and get him to respond. I sat in the back staring at his lifeless body.

I heard one of the guys say he was gone and I began to cry even harder. I couldn't lose Sam. One of the guys grabbed the defibrillator and gave it a go.

On the second time Sam's chest began to rise and fall, but his facial expression didn't change. 'At least he's alive,' I told myself. I can work with this. I left out a sigh.

The two paramedics climbed into the front after they had Sam hooked up on some machines, so it was just us two. I grabbed his hand drawing circles on the back of it, and wiped my tears away with the other. I sat there and prayed that Sam would be okay.

We pulled up to the hospital and they took Sam. I made my was to the waiting room and waited until they told me I could go back. I sat there like a statue, I was still in shock.

I had just pulled my phone out to text Jane when the doctor came out and called me back. As I walked through those doors my heart was pounding. I walked in and saw Sam awake and sitting up. I ran over to him and engulfed him in a huge hug while kissing his cheek.

"Who are you?" he asked looking utterly bewildered. "It's Melanie, your girlfriend," I answered pulling back in shock. "Sam seems to be suffering from amnesia," the doctor explained. "Why aren't I injured from the crash?" I asked while I had the doctors attention. "What were you doing at the time of the collision?" he inquired. "I was asleep in the passenger seat," I answered. "Well, you see, your body was limp during the crash, keeping you're body from tensing up and causing more damage," he explained.

I looked over at Sam who was sitting there patiently staring at me. "Are you feeling okay?" I asked him. "Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out how I got a girl as hot as you to be my girlfriend," he winked. "Well, you see, I actually asked you out... you were to shy," I replied slyly. "Liar! I asked you out at the park!" he exclaimed.

"You faker!" I accused poking a finger at him. He high fives the doctor and I stood there with my mouth hanging open. "I can't believe you did that!" I gasped, "Even in critical condition you're a prankster!" The doctor left the room and I looked over at Sam who was still looking pleased with himself. "What about Andrea's Car?" I asked. "Well, I had been saving up to get a new car, but I guess I'll buy her a new one...." he sighed.

I texted Andrea letting her know what happened. Ten minutes later I walked back into Sam's room. "She said insurance should cover it," I announced. "Okay," he breathed out a sigh of relief.

*~*~*~*~*~

Hey again! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter :) Things were getting a bit too smooth so I thought I'd add some drama and stuff :P Don't forget to comment and vote!