Chapter 7

***Hey, just a quick authors note: I decided that it makes more sense for the story if I change Mel's age to 17 and a half and make her a senior. So if you started reading this when it said she was 16 and a half that's changed now. I changed it in the beginning of the book now too :)******

Sam's POV

"How could I ever like you? You're ugly and annoying!" she rejected me. To think I actually had a chance was foolish of me. She was smart, beautiful, and way out of my league. I began crying. She grabbed her backpack and left. I was crushed. Never again would I let myself fall for another girl.....

I woke up in a cold sweat. I relaxed. It was all just a dream. I got out of bed and hopped into the shower, relaxing my body. Mel is sweet and kind. Even if she didn't like me back, she wouldn't say those things. I reassured myself. I had to tell her today, I couldn't chicken out. I would be crushed if some other guy made his move before me. Tom already did, but at least that didn't work out. I mean, I felt bad for him because I know how much courage it took, but I'm glad she didn't like him back for my own sake. I threw on some tan skinny jeans and my blue and white plaid flannel. I shook my hair out and threw on my Lawlorff hat. I threw on some navy blue Toms, grabbed my backpack, and walked out the door as soon as Kian pulled up. Then, we drove to Melanie's house.

Mel's POV

I woke up to Strong by One Direction. It was my alarm. I popped out of bed and went to my closet. I wanted to look extra cute today because I was tutoring Sam after school. I grabbed my favorite pair of dark, bootcut, denim jeans. I threw on a navy blue sweatshirt that had sequins covering the front. I curled my hair and threw on a simple sliver headband. I tucked my tan Uggs into my pant legs and did makeup. I put on a tinted moisturizer and lightly contoured. I dusted a pale pink color on my eyelids and applied mascara.

I glided down the stairs and grabbed three poptarts as I grabbed my backpack and walked out to Kian's truck. I handed each of the boys a poptart as I greeted them. We jammed out to Marry You by Bruno Mars as we approached the school.

Sam's POV

I walked to my first period wishing that school could be over already. I was eager to know if Mel liked my back. The whole day my mind kept drifting back to Melanie. After what seemed like years, school was finally over. I had gotten caught daydreaming in two of my classes, but it was worth it.

We all met up at Kian's truck and we pulled out of the parking lot. "Wait, I wanna try something different!" she exclaimed as she changed the radio station to 102.7 the wolf. "Country?!?!" I questioned. "Yeah..." she giggled and it was adorable, "It's my guilty pleasure... I like pretty much all genres." She started jamming out to Everybody's Got Somebody But Me by Hunter Hayes.

As she sang along I wished I could be that somebody for her. The truth was that I really didn't mind country music all that much. My family from Texas listened to it. It wasn't my favorite, but I didn't mind listening to it here and there. After that song Kian changed it back to the original station. "That's my dose of country for the day," he laughed.

Soon we pulled up to my house and Mel and I hopped out saying our goodbyes to Kian. Once we were inside I walked into the kitchen and grabbed some taco flavored Doritos and two Arizona's to take up to my room. Once we had trudged up the stairs we plopped on my bed and munched on some chips while drinking Arizona.

I was having an internal debate within myself. I hadn't planned how I was gonna tell her, or when for that matter. After she tutors me or if the perfect moment arises, I decided.

After we finished snacking I grabbed an extra chair to put at my desk and we began. She had helped me with two days worth of homework and every time she got close to me to write a problem on the paper or explain something my breath hitched. My heart beat would increase. Man, she made me a wreck.

"Now find the square root," she instructed pointing to the problem. I exhaled and looked down at her. We made eye contact and my eyes flickered back and forth between her eyes and her lips.

Mel's PVP

I looked up at him as I pointed to the current problem. Our eyes met and I felt out of breath. I saw his eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips. I was nervous. What if he kisses me? I've never been kissed. Well technically I had, but I didn't count Tom. What if I screw it up? My heart raced and before I knew it we were both leaning in. I had no control. I didn't try to lean in. It just started happening.

Sam's POV

We both began leaning in. I was millimeters away from what I had been daydreaming about. This was the perfect way to tell her I liked her. I closed my eyes and my breath hitched as soon as our lips touched. I pulled back and smiled. "Melanie, I like you a lot. I think I'm falling for you...." I confessed as I looked into her eyes.

*** Cliffhanger ;) Hope you guys enjoyed! I'll try to update tomorrow :D