Chapter 6

I woke up to the sound of laughter. I sat up and took in my surroundings... That's right I crashed at Kian's. I hopped out of bed and went downstairs to see my dry clothes on the couch. I grabbed them and went to the bathroom to shower and put them on. Right when I left the bathroom Sam picked me up and carried me out to the truck putting me in the front middle and handing me a poptart. "Good morning to you too," I laughed nibbling on my poptart. Soon enough we were at my house and I hopped out. "See you at school?" I waved. "We'll wait and give you a ride," Kian offered. "Come on in then," I motioned unlocking the door.

Mom was at work so it was just the three of us. I ran up the stairs and grabbed some dark bootcut jeans and my tan Uggs. I pulled my pant legs over my boots and threw on a navy blue long sleeve. I ran I brush through my hair and put some mouse in. I brushed my teeth, applied foundation and mascara and I was done. I grabbed my bulky, long, grey cardigan and my backpack and ran downstairs. "Ready," I chipped.

We hopped back into the truck and took off towards school. We were there in no time with five minutes to spare before the bell rang. When we got out of the truck I grabbed Sam's backpack out of the floorboard and hopped on his back. "Tally ho!" I laughed as he started galloping like a horse. He stopped as we approached the front gate and waited for Kian. Right when we got to our lockers the bell rang so we had to run off to homeroom.

Kian and I slipped in right before the tardy bell rang and grabbed our seats. A few minutes later a wad of paper grazed the side of my head. I opened it and saw that it was from Kian.

Wanna come over to my house and hang with me and Sam after school?
It read

Sure!

I added to the bottom of the note as I crumpled it up and tossed it over my shoulder. Hanging with them had become the new normal.

When lunch came around I made my way to the library to get ahead on my homework. If I was going to spend though time with the guys I'd have to find a new time to get my work done. I pulled out my planner and grabbed the textbooks I would be needing. Just seconds before the bell rang, I finished the last piece of homework for the next two days. Like I said before, school was one thing that came easy to me without much effort.

The school day had drawn to a close and it was time to chill with Kian and Sam. I began to think about it, and even if Sam and I never date, I'm glad we've become friends. It would be my wildest dream come true if we did though and I was closer to it now than I was last week. Just the thought of my progress alone made my heart skip a beat. I hurried to my locker, tossed my books in, and made my way to Sam's locker where the boys were standing. "What are we gonna do today?" I questioned as I approached the two. "Let's go to the skate park," Sam suggested. "But I don't have a board, nor do I know how to skate...." I reasoned. "We'll teach you!" Kian said. "And I have an extra board!" Sam said poking my side. "Alright, I'll give it a go," I decided poking Sam back.

We stopped at my house so I could switch from my Uggs to my converse, stopped at Sam's to get the extra board, and then we arrived at the skate park. It was pretty much empty, which was good. I didn't want the whole world to see me fall. Kian took off to the half pipe and left Sam to teach me.

"Okay, put one foot on the board," Sam instructed with one hand on my back and the other on my arm to help me balance. "Now push off slowly," he guided walking beside me for balance. "Now put your other foot on the board. Just like that," he assured, "Now gently lean to turn." "That's good," he said with a smile in his voice as he loosened his grip on me. We made a couple more circles around the park together before he let go. He watched me make a few by myself before me joined Kian on the ramps. After a little bit I got bored of skating in circles so I went over and sat on my board and watched Kian and Sam do tricks. They were good. After a few more minutes the boys had finished and started walking towards me. "Let's grab some Taco Bell!" Kian exclaimed and we walked back to his truck.

I ordered a chicken quesadilla with no sauce, a crunchy taco, and a large Baha Mountain Dew. I grabbed a table and they followed with their mountains of food. "That's all your eating?" Kian sounded shocked. "Yeah.... normally I just get the quesadilla, but I was extra hungry today," I laughed at their expressions and took a sip of my Baha Mountain Dew.

After we finished eating, they dropped me off at my place. "We still on for studying after school?" Sam asked as I got out of the truck. "Yup!" I smiled as I walked up the walkway waving back at them.

When I walked inside my phone vibrated. It was from Kian.

Kian: We'll give you a ride tomorrow? It's on our way! :)

Me: Sounds good :D

I smiled as I walked down stairs after changing into pjs to watch tv. I couldn't wait until tomorrow. I just loved spending time with Sam.