"Anyways, how's the play going Ren. Are you excited?" I ask her, hoping they will let it go. Ren has her performance coming up next week, which means she's going to start panicking that she doesn't know what she's doing. Cora and I will have to calm her down and reassure her that she's going to be amazing.

"Oh no, you don't missy," Cora snaps. "You have been acting strange for the past two weeks. You always have a distant look on your face, like your mind is elsewhere. You haven't hung out with any of us and you don't give us a real smile. What's wrong Annie, we're worried."

My face softens at her words and I look at everybody. They're all nod, even Jess, and Derek who don't know me as well. It hurts to have to lie and make them worry. I'm such an awful friend, keeping things from them is wrong.

"I know and I'm sorry. So sorry." I sigh, smiling sadly. "Its really touching, honestly."

"You're in trouble, aren't you?" Xavier asks from his seat next to me.

I don't answer straight away, causing his mind to work out my answer. He tenses and tightens his arm around my shoulder.

"Annie, we can help you." Ren urges. I sigh, looking down at the table.

"Yeah, we will help you no matter what." Jess pipes up. I give her a grateful smile and rest my elbows on the table.

"Thanks, guys really but some things you just can't help. I appreciate it though." I sadly tell them. Xavier gives me a confused look, wondering what's so bad.

If only he knew how messed up my family was.

"What is it Princess, please tell us," Xavier begs me, worry and anticipation floating in his grey orbs.

"I can't." I say lowly, my voice cracking. Oh god, I'm so weak. Now they're going to think its really bad. Which it is. "I really really can't so please stop asking about it."

"Annabella..." Xavier trails.

"Enough!" I shout, causing people on nearby tables to stare at me in shock. I've never lost it like that.

The girls widen their eyes whilst Xavier continues to give me his concerned look. Derek just stares at me with his mouth agape. Its quite comical really.

"I'm sorry, I—I" I weakly stutter, darting my eyes between them. I run a hand through my hair as I try to control my breathing. "I have to go."

With that, I stumbled out of the cafeteria, feeling their heated stares on my form. I can't believe I just lost control like that, I've never shouted so angrily before.

Paranoia is a cruel thing. It makes you constantly look over your shoulder, it always makes you feel anxious. It takes you on a whirlwind of emotions. It makes you crazy, maniac. The fear eats you up and refuses to spit you back out. I feel like a mad woman as I rush through the corridors to my locker. My heart is hammering in my chest as I yank the door open, ignoring students confused looks.

I pass Stacy, not even second glancing the sneer she gives me. I have to get out of here, I have to get home.

Opening my locker, a note falls out onto the ground. Curiously, I pick it up. My eyes wander around the corridor to see if anyone put it there but its empty. With a deep breath, I unwrap it.

I'm coming for you sis. I have missed you so much.

Oh god, oh god. I have messed up. I should have taken this to my parents sooner. If I had, they could have done something about this. Chris literally got into school and put this note in my locker.

Quickly, I stuff my belongings in my bag and walk out of school. I don't care right now about anything else, I just have to see my parents. They will know what to do. I have kept this in the dark for too long—they need to know.