Chapter 17.

TW it talks about self harm!

"Hal! It's time for school!" My brother yells.

"I'm not going!" I yell back stuffing my face into my pillow, as I hear him come in.

"Look, I'm not going to make you go today because of what happened but you have to promise me something."

"What is it?" I ask.

"You can't do this again." He points to my thigh.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about" I say quietly.

"That's bullshit and you know it Hailey. I found the razor blade in the trash can and you aren't exactly great at covering your tracks. You left blood droplets on the floor." He softly sighed

I just look at my fingers, I have nothing to say.

"After you got out I had to take a leak and I saw blood so I looked through the trash. Gross I know, but I found the razor Hailey...promise me you won't do it again? I won't tell dad but you have to promise.." he begs.

I start crying and I nod and I say "okay, okay I promise, I'm so sorry Jake!" I hug him and sob soaking his shirt I'm sure.

"It's alright Hal." He rubs my back, "but I do have to go to work though, and Mr. Styles will be around to check on you later. Dad called and arranged for it since he knew you wouldn't want to go to school today."

I nod and whisper "I love you and thank you for bringing me home yesterday.."

He smiles and nods telling me "it's no problem, I'll see you later get some more sleep." I guess he could tell I didn't sleep well because of the bags under my eyes.

I lay back down and go right back to sleep and drift into a happy dream, where my mom was alive again, and we were all at the beach messing around until Charlie shows up taking away my mom causing me to scream and shoot up in a cold sweat. I look at the clock and it'd only been about an hour. I just laid back down and stayed there, squeezing my eyes shut until I fell back asleep.