Chapter 12.

"Dad! I'm home!" I call out once I walk through the door throwing my backpack on the floor beside it.

"Dad had to work later than expected," Jake says holding up a sticky note.

I sigh "well do you at least know what he had planned for dinner? I don't want to cook something if he planned on takeout."

"Nope."

"We'll order a pizza then," I say and hand him the phone. "Try not to be too expensive, and also pick a Pizza I'd actually like for once," I tell him before walking to my room to do my homework.

*Bzz bzz* my phone vibrates so I pick it up and see Brad calling. Great. I throw my phone back on my bed and continue with my homework when it continues to vibrate so I eventually pick up the phone and swipe to answer.

"What do you want Brad?" I roll my eyes.

"Let me explain, please Hal?" He pleads.

"Fine. Go for it, I kinda wanna hear what kinda pathetic excuse you have." I flatly say.

"Okay. It was only supposed to be a study session, there were other guys there too but they went home a few minutes before! I swear! And then things just...it just got out of hand! Please forgive me I miss you, baby.." I could hear him choking up and tears started to well up in my eyes.

"I-I forgive you Brad..but I can't take you back..I'm sorry." I tear up a little bit and say "goodbye.." and hang up. My day went from great to shit is not even an hour.

I sigh and get out of bed to change into my pajamas and tie my hair up taking off my makeup and walking out to make myself some hot cinnamon and sugar herbal tea.

I put some water into the kettle and put the kettle on the stove and turn the stove on, around ten minutes later it screams and I pour it into a cup, make some popcorn, put it in a bowl and go to sit down in the living room, turning on a horror movie.