chapter 35

Best Day Of My Life - American Authors

This chapter is dedicated to TaylorSwiftToll for all of the votes. Thank you!!!

Long (ish) chapter ahead!

Four weeks after Xavier asked me out and I went and visited his parents, I felt perfect

Four weeks after Xavier asked me out and I went and visited his parents, I felt perfect. It felt like everything was falling into place, like the final pieces of the jigsaw puzzle of my life. I felt at peace with everything.

At school, Stacy and her crew kept to their words, surprisingly, and have left me alone. Much to Stacy's dismay, I became the new captain which was a lot more difficult than what I originally assumed. I have to hand it to Stacy, she might have been a b*tch but at least she ran the cheerleading rehearsals semi—well. 

The first few sessions, I struggled to get everybody to listen to me but after me demonstrating a few ideas on the routine, a lot of them seem to have more respect for me. They all listen to me now and a lot of them have come up to me and have complimented me on my dancing, especially after the dance battle.

Even one or two members of Stacy's posse approached me, in private, and told me they admired me for what I did.

Xavier and I have grown considerably closer. We have been more dates since he asked me out; I even spend time at his parent's house with him. Me and his mother, Julia have had several talks, where we've bonded. I have even had some fun moments with Xavier's dad, Stiles.

In fact, I have been spending time with all of the King's. Jake and Chloe are the best. They are such a sweet couple and are completely in love. I asked them, a week ago, how they met and let me tell you, it is one of the greatest love stories I know. Screw The Notebook, there's is one hundred times better.

Apparently, they met at high school. Well, kind of -- they met at a party. Chloe was forced to go to the party by her friends and she ended up also being forced to participate in a game in the pool. Not wanting to go, she backed away but somehow didn't see a certain boy, Jake and so they both ended up colliding with each other and fell into the pool. Now Chloe, being the crazy girl I know she is, went ballistic. She threw a massive fit, with hisses and snarls, and told Jake that his doucheness and enormous ego got in the way.

Jake said he found her amusing and decided he wanted to get to know her. So, like Xavier did, he followed her around school. I guess you could say that it runs in the King family.

After months of Jake falling her around, begging her to give him a chance, she eventually relented. Chloe said that hanging out together had gotten her to fall for Jake. Chloe said that after that, they were dating and yeah, they were completely entranced by each other. Jake followed Chloe to college and is saving up for an apartment for the both of them. He said he didn't want to rely on his parents to pay for it; that he wanted to be independent.