"'Cause the ones I got you, I didn't really like. They were small and you don't deserve no small ass ring."

"Okay but you can't pick it out, the boys get to."

"No, we get to. I don't care what you say."

•••

"What's catching your eye babe?"

"Nothing." She mumbled.

"Can I pick it out? I already got one."

She stood there for awhile then nodded. I told the jeweler to give it to me and when he gave me the little box that it came in, I stood in front of Mani with a smile on my face.

"This is it."

"Open it so I can see it, dummy."

"That's

"That's... that's beautiful."

"You want it?" I asked and she nodded, holding her hand out. I took the old one off and put the new one on her finger, kissing it soon after.

"You already had this one picked out didn't you?" She asked and I nodded.

"Momma! Look!" I looked over in the direction that Kordei was pointing in and Sydney was there with some police, pointing at us.

"Ain't this some shit." I mumbled to myself.

I pulled Normani close to me. "It that's for me, I don't want you to freak out, I know I ain't do shit, you should too."

"So why is she here? Beyoncé, I thought we were doing something about her."

"We were, today. What are the chances?" I shrugged, kissing her temple.

"Beyoncé Knowles, you're under arrest for sexual assault and battery to a pregnant woman."

I turned my nose up as soon as he said it. Bitch what? Who's pregnant? And who the hell did I hit?

"Who'd I hit?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

"Don't defy me ma'am, if you comply, this process will go by so much easier." He said.

I started to say something again but Mani put her hand over my mouth.

"Go. I'm gonna drop the boys off then come get you." She whispered in my ear.

I nodded and held out my wrists for him. This some bullshit.

•••

I sat at the 'interrogation' table with my hands above the table. They hadn't taken the cuffs off of me and they're looking at me like I'm really this big criminal.

If anything, Sydney's the criminal. That bitch is out here giving false pretenses like nobodies business.

I never hit her nor did I even know she was pregnant again. This time, I know that baby ain't mine.