41. The Stag and Hen Part 2

A few hours had passed since Jess' human fountain spectacular. The girls had ensured that she was alright before abandoning her to do shots by the fire. Filling up their second round of apple sourz and concoction of other beverages, Kate suddenly had a thought.

"Alice, won't your mum mind?" She too was beginning to feel the warm, fuzzy effects of alcohol.

"Mind what?" Kate put the lid back on the bottle.

"The flowers? They're kind of covered,"

"No, she won't ever find out. It rains approximately five times a day. Trust me, it will be gone by the time we leave." They laughed and Dominique began the five-second countdown to the next shots.

"Three, two, one... down em, down em!"

Taking her miniature glass, she threw her head back and let the liquid slide down her neck, leaving a slight burning sensation in the back of her throat. "Wow, guys I am going to have to slow down otherwise this weekend will be a total wash out."

Dominique was looking rather disgusted at her, throwing another drink back with one eyebrow still raised. "It is your hen weekend. Being drunk is kind of the whole aim."

Kate shook her head as her friend began unscrewing the bottle to top their glasses up again. "Shall we just stick a film on?" Dominique was becoming rather delayed in her actions, causing her to spill the green liquid onto the wooden floor.

"Don't be so boring Kate, I am going to the bathroom. Then we are playing ever have I ever. Got it?" She got to her feet, stumbled across the room with nothing but the bottle and what was left of her dignity; which wasn't a lot.

Alice had sensed Kate's discomfort and sat back up against the sofa. "Did you want to hide these and pretend that a ghost took them? We can just sit and eat crisps whilst watching Harry Potter if you'd prefer?"
"You know me too well." Kate shook her head and smiled.
"Shall I put the kettle on?" They both got to their feet, swaying a little from the drinks that were now spilled on the floor.

"Absolutely."

She hadn't checked her phone since they had arrived, so made up an excuse to excuse herself from the situation for a few moments. She didn't want to seem like the kind of woman who couldn't go five minutes without hearing from her boyfriend, but something still wasn't sitting completely right with her. Why would she have dreamt about Scotland? And it surely wasn't just a coincidence that he was going there on his stag weekend? "I just need to change out of these jeans, I'll be right back," she shouted to Alice who was now clanging around with mugs and teaspoons.

"Okay!"

She pulled the bolt across her door and unlocked her phone to see seven texts all from one very drunk man. Tom. Most of which were illegible but she could make out the basic gist of what he was trying to say. They read:

Kate, my darling soon to be wifey bifey. How are the devil you? For the winds of the sun I cannot for the life of me help but

10:00 pm

Sory, Pressed sent too fadst

I must love you lots because I alwys prof refd my tstxt. Anywya

10:02 pm

I love you so mch and I jst hope youre havijn the best time.

10:03 pm

I canne for the life of me stop thinkin about you and yire gorgeous face.

10:04pm

Is Jess, dominic and Alice taking good cure of my girl? I hoep so.